“An empty restaurant”
Review of The White Horse Inn Restaurant - CLOSED

The White Horse Inn Restaurant
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Dine in style and comfort or relax and unwind with a drink and good company, the choice is yours. We serve cask-conditioned ales, extra cold lagers, a great selection of wines and of course quality, fresh food. We have a seperate restaurant to bar area aswell as a large beer garden, also with seperate Al Fresco dining area. All of the team will be happy to help you in any way they can and make you feel as relaxed and as at home as possible. We're open 6 days a week with food served from 12noon-9.30pm Tuesday - Saturday and 12pm-9pm Sunday. The pub closes at the usual 11pm (10.30pm on Sundays). Booking is advisable at weekends, you can call us to book a table.
Wellington, New Zealand
“An empty restaurant”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

And I can see why. This place has plenty of potential but the kitchen staff need Gordon Ramsay's treatment. On a night when it should have been teeming with locals, the restaurant was empty except for two people: me and my husband. There is a beer garden out the back - it probably serves the patrons well with wedges etc, but apart frm that I bet they don't actually eat at the restaurant. We had two starters: soup and whitebait. The soup was generally ok, but the whitebait had too much batter and was quite dry. As for the mains - one gammon steak was ok - but the Mediterranean Tart with Goats Cheese (sounded quite good from the menu) was dry. It had obviously been re-heated, and for too long. There was a generous side of a red pepper sauce on the plate, but it was larger than the Mediterranean Tart itself, and not particularly tasty. As for the side of veges - there's normally not much wrong that a restaurant can do about this, but unfortunately they were limp; the carrots used were obviously frozen.

I agree with the comments made below - from May 2013.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Judy H

Mansfield, United Kingdom
“Lovely family run pub”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Lovely little family run pub, great friendly service and friendly atmosphere. Reasonable prices for drinks and food with good range of dishes. The whole place is clean and well presented, the toilets are immaculate. There's a nice beer garden to the rear too where we enjoyed two course before coming inside for delicious deserts. We will definitely return and recommend to anyone.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank ajshep1984
Lancashire
“Different To Last Visit”
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I normally provide positive reviews BUT..We have visited the White Horse on a number of occasions over the past three years. Unfortunately, on this last visit things have taken a bit of a slide downwards. The steak choice was limited to one. The service was very slow, although this was recognised and compensated for. My meal felt as though it had been kept hot for a while as it was a very dry "gourmet" burger. The last straw was this: as we had to take a route to the bar around the opposite side of the central fireplace (due to lack of space) the barmaid/server appeared to shoot from one end of the bar to the other. The exit door is the other side of the fireplace. The barmaids action gave me the impression that she thought we were trying to leave without paying! Sorry White Horse and apologies for my first mostly negative review. I wish the establishment well in being able to improve upon their current standards.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank MarkTortworth
WhiteHorseEttington1, Owner at The White Horse Inn Restaurant, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for you review. I apologise that you felt we didn't perform to your expectations but would like to assure you I will look into this, as we pride ourselves on our high standards.
Steaks: Unfortunately steaks are not a big seller here, so to ensure quality and freshness of our produce, we reduced our steak offering to only the best selling steak from our menu, we also offer a wide choice of tasty homemade produce
London, United Kingdom
“Missed the bouncy castle!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Nice pub. Turned up after the food deadline and still got catered for with good food,albeit a bit pricey along with the beer. Lancaster Bomber was a well kept pint but at London pub prices! Don't like to see kid's at the bar even if it's all in the family.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Pete L
Ettington, United Kingdom
“Lightbite lunch”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Went with my two friends today and had the lightbite lunch. They kindly allowed me the chickpea patties with salad as my main and it was fabulous - chilli sauce is great (although not as jammy as my mums) not to hot. Lovely atmosphere and excellent value for money. We will be returning for girly lunch monthly!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Trog980
WhiteHorse_Ettington, Manager at The White Horse Inn Restaurant, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for all your comments, we really look forward to seeing you again very soon.