“weekend away”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ettington
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“weekend away”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Just had a weekend at Ettington chase & just had to say what a good hotel this is staff are very friendly & helpful, room was what you`d expect at this type of hotel did`nt have evening meal in restaurant so cannot really comment on this although breakfast was very good

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shelley12016
Ettington C, General Manager at Ettington Chase Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for your positive reveiw of Ettington Chase following your recent visit. I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Stuart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed over night at ettington chase hotel the rooms are very standard so don't expect anything out of this world but the food and service are second to none. I would recommend eating in the tempus restaurant the food is just stunning and the staff are a delight will be back if just for the food

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your positive review of Ettington Chase. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your time Tempus whilst you were with us. We do offer 3 levels of bedroom upgrades from our standard offering which you are able to book direct with the hotel and I hope you explore this option should you choose to stay with us again.

swindon
Reviewed July 18, 2014

The hotel is nice enough, set in its own grounds with a tennis court, small gym and a reasonable size pool. The room was a good size, clean and tidy.

My first issue was trying to get to the pool. I went to the pool area but needed a key code to get in as the pool is unmanned. I went to reception to get this, but it didn't work, so went back again, and told to try again. Still wouldn't work, but was let in by someone coming out. Found I needed a £1 for the locker, so went back to reception and was given a £1 coin. Managed to get back in, thenm found there were no towels, so back to reception. Finally managed to swim. I spoke to 2 other people in the changing rooms who had similar stories. The receptionist was very nice, but seemed oblivious to the issue. The hotel needs to resolve this and let guests know what the system is.

The second issue is internet access - you only get 1 hour online, then have to wait 3 hours before you can try again. In this day and age this is just not acceptable. The service costs nothing and this limit just causes ill feeling.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Sorry to read of your disappointment following your recent stay with. The procedure for using our unmanned leisure club should be explained at check in by our reception team with each guest issued with the necessary information to be able to access the leisure club without having to return to reception desk. Should you be part of a conference group and not have checked in at reception then a letter from myself will be placed in your bedroom upon arrival containing amongst other important information about the hotel the details of how to use the leisure club. I'm sorry that both of these systems appear to have failed during your stay.
Our WIFI provider has just been amended so i will pass your feedback onto our head office team who are responsible for this project.
I hope you choose to stay with PH hotels again in the future.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Have stayed here a few times now. Staff are always friendly and helpful we have had evening meal just once which was a group of us for a 50th birthday celebration and this was nice, the breakfast is lovely. There are two pubs within a short walking distance the chequers does excellent food and the last few times we've stayed there we always tend to eat there in the evening.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positive review of Ettington Chase, I hope you choose to stay with us again in the near future.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2014

This place is really designed for conferences and events like weddings, but even here it is simply not up to the mark. The good stuff: well, the staff are friendly and try to help, the rooms are a good size and clean. The original building would have been a small country house but they have added a large number of utterly soulless bedrooms which are astonishingly badly equipped for conference attendees. There is a terrible lack of plug sockets for computers etc, the desk in my room was actually a table which was far too high for the chair and made working impossible and the wifi and phone signals in many areas were woefully inadequate. The food was decidedly average; it reminded me of pub food before pubs started to serve good food. For goodness sake don't choose to go here; there will be much better and more interesting places all around the area

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank idandb
Sorry to read of your disappointment following your recent visit. Your feedback on the layout of our bedrooms is useful when considering our conference guests needs. To my knowledge the only mobile phone provider we get negative feedback from with regards to signal coverage is O2 and we are investigating how we can improve this, the rest of the providers give good signal coverage throughout the venue. We work closely with conference organisers to offer menus which meet both their and their delegates expectations, if you have any specific feedback on the food quality from your event then I encourage you to share this with your conference organiser and ask that it is passed on to us and I will gladly investigate it directly. There may be other venues within the PH hotel group who offer more of a charcterful location and I hope you choose to consider these in the future.
Stuart

Travelers are raving about these Ettington hotels

neston,wirral,england
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Stayed Sunday night on a deal.

We had a very good room with everything you could possibly need, cannot fault.

After settling in we went for a swim & found the pool superb, it also had a Jacuzzi & Sauna, the changing rooms are surprisingly very small.

We had our dinner in a very nice dining room with attentive staff. The starters we had were soup & Duck & Brandy Pate, both very good. We both then had the Steak & Ale pie, what a mistake, I am well known with my friends for my taste for steak pies & I rate this pie one of the worst. I have never in all my years had leek in a steak pie & this made what should be a lovely rich gravy into a over the top taste of leek, my wife hates leek to boot. Leek is not mentioned on the menu. We had with the pie thrice fried chunky chips, well they should have been six times fried as half of them were barely cooked & were hard.
In case someone says why didn't you say something, we did & got only an apology, which I suppose is fair enough.

The breakfast was outstanding, one of the best we have had, simply superb.

In summary, really nice hotel in large grounds, enjoyed our stay, but oh!!the steak pie & chips, horrible.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positive review of Ettington Chase following your recent visit. I was sorry to read that the dinner let down the rest of the hotel and I will share your feedback on it with our central food and beverage team for consideration when producing the next version of our Tempus menu.
I hope to welcome you back to Ettington Chase in the near future.

Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

my partner and i stayed here using a groupon voucher and found it a wonderful hotel.

the staff were very welcoming, the pool and jacuzzi wonderful and dinner and breakfast did not disappoint!

the hotel, being set in the lush countryside, is quiet enough to relax but not too far from the town of stratford which was just a short drive away.

a lovely couple of days away!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank becisrmw
Ettington C, General Manager at Ettington Chase Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for your positive review of Ettington Chase following your recent stay with us. I hope you choose to visit us again in the near future.

Stuart
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ettington
Ettington Park Hotel
Billesley Manor Hotel
Billesley Manor Hotel
#13 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel & Spa
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall...
#1 of 1 in Wellesbourne Hastings

Been to Ettington Chase Hotel? Share your experiences!