“A Return Visit and Birthday Surprise”

Ettington Chase Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ettington
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This is the second time that my wife and I have visited this hotel in the last month. On both occasions we were superbly looked after by the staff who all went out of their way to ensure our stay was a memorable one. The Dinner Menu offered a balanced and varied selection of food that covered all tastes. The Food that was served, both at dinner and breakfast, was well cooked, nicely presented and was served piping hot (on warm plates). A personal medical problem that I have with eating was taken into consideration and dealt with sympathetically so that I was able to enjoy my meals. We stayed in different classes of room on the two visits, both equally good in the facilities they offer. (We recommend paying that bit extra for a deluxe room, well worth it). The leisure facilities looked very inviting (although we did not use them ourselves), For me personally the second visit was made even more enjoyable as it rounded off a week of celebration of a significant birthday. The hotel staff were not aware of this but looked after us so well that I felt I had no need to tell them as they were doing what came naturally to them , 'serving customers and making them feel important'. We shall be returning to this hotel in the very near future.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Ettington C, General Manager at Ettington Chase Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Thank you for your positive review of Ettington Chase, I was pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay and that the team we able to contribute to making your birthday special. I'll be sure to share your feedback with them.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Stuart - General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,594)

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Stayed here with some colleagues from Germany, in January.
Nice clean Hotel, good sized rooms, excellent conference facilities, has a gym and pool, quite a small reception causes a few delays at check out.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Many thanks for your positive review of Ettington Chase. we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

myself and partner have just a short break at this lovely hotel,thanks to groupon. it was the second time we have stayed,and it is the second good trip. checking in was easy,the room was clean and tidy and plenty big enough for two. we enjoyed an afternoon swim,though i was disappointed the jacuzzi was not working,and do think we should have been told at reception. the evening meal and wine was included,and it was lovely,and the wine a bonus. We had two morning s of buffet breakfast included,and can t fault it. staff were good and food was hot and plentiful. One small moan,the wifi was a bit of a pain to get onto,but we did nt book a break to spend all weekend on-line,so it is being really picky!!! all in all,a great stay for the money. will gladly return a third time.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for your positive review of Ettington Chase. Unfortunately during January we have experienced some technical issues which were beyond our control with our free Wi Fi provision however I am happy to say that these have now been resolved so hopefully on your next visit you will not encounter any such problems.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

My husband and I have just returned from a enjoyable stay at the Ettington Chase Hotel. We stayed on the Groupon deal and we thought our stay was great value for the money we paid. We enjoyed using the spa, the pool was nice and warm and a great size to. We thought our evening meal was delicious and the free bottle of wine was very good. Our breakfast the next morning was superb lots of choice and lovely helpful waiting staff. We would defiantly return in the future.

1  Thank Cathy K

Many thanks for your positive review of Ettington Chase, we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Stayed here for one night with my partner in January on a Groupon deal, staff very friendly and polite, nice room with comfy bed although the bath was very small. Evening meal was lovely and good choice at breakfast. Wine was very expensive thou. Lovely spa

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have just returned from a restfull and enjoyable stay at ettingham chase. Firstly check in was very friendly and efficient and though I had emailed to request a nice room with a view as a special occasion we were given a floor level room which was covered by scaffolding as work was being done, and actually were awoken very early by the workmen the following morning. If there is work being done then I'd advise the management to move their guests elsewhere so they wouldn't be disturbed(seeing as the hotel was far from occupied)The room itself served our needs and was pleasant enough. The pool facilities were top notch and we enjoyed the evening meal in the tempus restaurant and also at breakfast the next day was very good.we stayed here through a groupon deal and would say it was very good value for money. Staff charming and friendly

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Justbecauseishould

Thank you for your positive review of Ettington Chase. I apologise for any inconvenience caused by the emergency repairs to our roof which we taking place during your stay, we always try and act upon guest requests but on occasions we are unfortunately unable to do so.
I hope this will not deter you from staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

What a wonderful experience. I stayed for one night when attending a surprise birthday party. Everything for the party went smoothly with fantastic food and the service was second to none. I had an executive room that was huge with a lovely bathroom with a bath to get lost in! Very comfy bed and all the extras that made the stay a real treat. Breakfast was buffet style with everything you could want, very hot and fresh and continually topped up. Nothing was too much trouble. I would recommend this hotel to anyone be it for a special occasion, short break or a business event

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank StratauntyP

Thank you for your positive review of Ettington Chase, I was pleased to read that you had such an enjoyable stay and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Stuart

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ettington
Billesley Manor Hotel
6 mi away
Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon
Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon
#9 of 29 in Stratford-upon-Avon

Been to Ettington Chase Hotel? Share your experiences!