“Luxury break in a lovely hotel”

Ettington Chase Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ettington
Poole, United Kingdom
“Luxury break in a lovely hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

My sister and I had a lovely 2 night stay in this hotel. Our room was clean and comfortable and well equipped. The beds were really comfy.The only minor problem we had with our room was that I woke in the middle of the night and was very hot but, unfortunately, could not open the window as it was broken.However when I reported this the next morning it was promptly mended and the reception staff were very apologetic. All the staff, without exception, were extremely polite, helpful and friendly. We especially enjoyed the swimming pool, jacuzzi and sauna facilities. Our evening meal was lovely as was the breakfast.We bought a groupon deal and we consider it was very good value at £135 for us both for 2 nights bed and breakfast plus a 2 course evening meal and a bottle of wine.It only a few miles from Stratford-on-Avon, where we spent a lovely day. A wonderful relaxing break and we would certainly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We were in room 209 and we found it very quiet, clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Ettington C, General Manager at Ettington Chase Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Many thanks for your positive feedback following your recent stay with us. I hope to welcome you back to Ettington Chase in the near future.
Stuart - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
Tiverton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed here at a Joy Swifts Murder Mystery Weekend in April 2013 and were very pleased with the hotel. The rooms were nice ( and clean) staff were helpful and friendly, pool looked lovely (we were not able to take advantage of it though). It was such a great atmosphere that we are going to go and stay there again just because it was so relaxed and it is in easy reach of so many good sites to visit. The food was really good, all the rooms are in easy reach of the lifts and all in all it didn't cost an arm and a leg - what more could you ask for!!! :D

Room Tip: Not sure if they have a bad one!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your positive review following your recent stay with us. If you are considering visiting us again to explore the local area may I suggest you consider our 'Explore Stratford and the Cotswolds package' of which you will find more infomation about on our website.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Ettington Chase in the near future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

A clean pleasant hotel with lovely grounds. A rather average room, it may have been brightened with some extras that other guests report having received. It was perfectly clean and functional, I would have liked to have had a firmer bed and larger pillows but that is a personal choice. We found it difficult to book for dinner as it was so busy, a shame they didn't ask when we booked but when we did eat, the food was pretty good. The waiter, Tyler and the Head waiter, Warren, made the whole experience enjoyable by making amends for small inconveniences before we even commented on them. eg Fillet steak not being available. They are both to be recommended for their professional, cheerful manner on such a busy evening.
The choice is breakfast was very average but hot and edible.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Many thanks for your feedback following your recent stay with us and especially your positive comments regarding the service delivered by Warren and Tyler. I'll be sure to share this with them.
I hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Crawley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife and I, together with my brother and sister plus spouses, booked to stay at this hotel from 12-15 April 2013.

Any hotel is really tested when things go wrong, which they did for us! During the first night my brother had a nasty turn. The hotel's night staff, who I believe have some first aid experience, were quick to attend. In the event no ambulance was needed. However, on the following morning, we decided that my brother ought to be checked out at hospital. The hotel phoned Warwick Hospital ahead of his arrival. The eventual diagnosis was reassuring.

During the following night my wife went down with an unrelated problem. Again the hotel's night staff were soon on the scene. Next morning we two decided we needed to get back home, a day earlier than planned. The hotel were very understanding and cancelled our third night. In addition they cut the dinner bill for all six of us by 50%, even though none of our troubles was their fault.

This generous gesture, together with the other trouble they had taken on our behalf, makes this a hotel we are most happy to recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank John H
Ettington C, General Manager at Ettington Chase Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thanks you for your positive feedback about our nights team, I'll be sure to pass your comments onto them. I hope your brother and wife are on the mend now and we can welcome you back to Ettington Chase in the near future.
South East England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

My partner and I bought a Groupon deal for this hotel and I'm really glad we did. We had the most relaxing time away. The hotel is very close (7 miles) to Stratford (a beautiful town) where we had booked to see a Shakespeare play. We arrived late but it was no problem having our evening meal which was part of the voucher. The food was lovely. Our room was in the new part of the hotel - it was big, spacious and had everything we needed. The bed was extremely comfortable at least for me (I like a soft bed). There was some lovely touches i.e. choc, hot choc and marshmallows in our room as well as 2 dressing gowns and slippers. The hotel has a gym and a good size pool. However we did not bring our swim wear so only used the gym. We also did some light jogging around the lovely grounds of the hotel. Staff were very friendly and helpful especially 'Alan' who gave us some great tips about getting to Stratford, parking and restaurants etc.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and I hope to return again when I want to see another Shakespeare's play. I've had some mixed experiences with Groupon deals but this one was excellent. Forgot to mention breakfast - plenty of choice and at weekends it opens till 11am (a real bonus).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your positive feedback following your recent stay with us. I was pleased to read you had an enjoyable time and I hope to welcome you back to Ettington Chase in the near future.
Stamford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Hotel rooms modern, clean and well styled. Good value and lovely countryside setting. Convenient for Hidcote gardens. The rooms are very warm. A flying visit but made to feel welcome and helpful check-in.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ettington C, General Manager at Ettington Chase Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I hope to welcome you back to Ettington Chase in the near future.
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

The picture on website which shows the old building looks great but most of the hotel is a modern brick build, the kind of thing you'd expect at a Travelodge etc. We found the room too hot for our liking even with the radiator turned off and the window open. The restaurant staff were really friendly and we had a lovely chat with a South African guy from Johannasburg, the same couldn't be said for the lady that 'greeted' up at reception.
One word of warning. I looked at prices via various websites and then phoned Ettington Chase direct to see if they could offer a lower price than going via a third party website. I thought I was getting a double room for two nights for a total of £105. However on arrival I was informed that it was £105 per night which was considerably more than if I'd booked via a third party website. My advice would be to get email confirmation if you think you've been offered what appears to be a good deal.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review following your recent stay. I would always recommend checking your confirmations prior to arrival to prevent any issues upon check in. I will pass your positve feeback onto the Tempus team.
Stuart
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ettington
Ettington Park Hotel
Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon
Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon
#9 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,078 reviews

Been to Ettington Chase Hotel? Share your experiences!