“Lovely hotel.”

Ettington Chase Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ettington
Reviewed February 25, 2013

A lovely little hotel. Great staff and excellent rooms. I didn't get a chance to try out the pool / leisure centre but it looked lovely. I'd definitely be back and would highly recommend it. Breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Ettington C, General Manager at Ettington Chase Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Many thanks for your positive feedback following your recent stay. I hope to welcome you back to Ettington Chase in the near future.
Stuart

Write a ReviewReviews (1,581)

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Set in nice grounds, friendly receptionist on arrival. Bedroom was large and had everything we needed, bathroom needs updating. We ate in the restaurant the first night, we had a friendly welcome and the food was nice. Had a drink in the bar afterwards but it was cold and was empty so we went up to our room. Breakfast was poor. The waitress vaguely directed us to a table and then forgot about us. The buffet was adequate, not a great deal of choice and some of it was lukewarm at best. We had to ask for tea as nobody offered it and we gave up on waiting for toast! The second day was much the same, with the restaurant being very understaffed due to 3 waitresses not turning up for work that morning. Overall, if you get a good deal then this hotel is fine but it definite needs updating a tightening up in areas.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for your feedback following your recent stay with us. Sorry to hear of your disappoinment with breakfast I will review the staffing levels with our restaurant manager.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Ettington Chase has a lot going for it. Nice manor house frontage, spa and pool and good conference facilities. The rooms however are nothing special. Twin with very single bed, bathroom fairly standard and nothing one would describe as a finishing touch. Good value for the price however, and the staff were absolutely first class at every step. In all, good value, good staff, I'd just like to see a few extra touches to make it special, and it certainly has that potential.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Many thanks for your feedback following your recent stay with us. I will be sure to pass on your positive comments to the team here in Ettington. I note your reference to the bedroom specifications and this is something we are reviewing at present.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Just spent a two night break with my husband at Ettington Chase Hotel. We requested a quiet room on the first floor which is what we got and the room was O.K. A little tired looking but the bed was comfortable and it was clean. Breakfast was included on both days and was fairly average, the fruit juice was tasteless and watery but the choice was O.K. - nothing special. The staff seemed quite stretched and I noticed some people having to wait ages for their tea or coffee - make sure you catch a member of staff and request this as quickly as you can. There were a few corporate events taking place and the restaurant can quite quickly fill up. Evening meal was included in the deal for the first night and to be honest I would definitely not have paid for it - my prawn cocktail was quite bland, the pre-frozen prawns were tiny and watery. My husbands onion soup was almost black and not very pleasant. On the second evening we decided to try the local pub, Chequers and had a lovely meal in there - it is only a short stroll from the hotel so I would thoroughly recommend anyone eat there instead of the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your feedback following your recent stay. Sorry to read you were not satisfied with your dinner and I'll be sure to share your comments with our Head Chef so he can review the products we are sourcing.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Fairly typical conference hotel. Original Victorian manor house flanked by later additions. Well trained and friendly staff. The room was adequate in size and cleanliness if a little on the spartan side. Travelodge+ perhaps. A good sized pool , jacuzzi and sauna appeared well maintained. The pool was not a place to linger as there is no surrounding poolside furniture, Dinner was quite good. However the restaurant prices I thought were steep for the quality of the food. £14 for a main course pasta. We were on a groupon deal. A 2 course dinner was included . Any extras would have been quite expensive. The restaurant and public areas were cold although our room was well heated.

Room Tip: Try for an upgrade
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for your feedback following your recent stay with us. I hope you choose to visit us again in the future.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed at Ettington Chase for a romantics three day Valentines break taking in a production at the RSC Theatre in Stratford Upon Avon on one of the evenings. The base price for B&B and Dinner on night one was real value for money, but I asked and paid for an upgrade to an Executive room and we were simply blown away. A high quality double bedroom that was exceptionally well equipped and led off a smaller room with desk, chair, table lamp, wardrobe and ample sockets. The Executive room came with a full size bathroom and twin sinks. Superb, and matched by the quality of the staff.

Dining in the main restaurant was excellent. The food Andre service was top notch and nothing was any trouble. To be blunt; it was far better than I would have expected in a hotel. We went to breakfast near to 10 each morning and there was plenty to eat that was still fresh. Indeed no one of the mornings the waitress arranged freshly cooked poached eggs and mushrooms for me. Well done, as that along with the quality room was 5*.

TIPS: (1) Parking is free, (2) We paid less for our upgrade by asking on site but that always carries a risk as the rooms may already have been booked.

ADVICE FOR MANAGEMENT: (1) "Dial 0 in an emergency" from the pool is a little pointless if the phone is missing, (2) Pay your staff more, they do a fantastic job and are some of the nicest people that I have ever met as frequent hotel user.

Room Tip: Pay more for a 'superior' room, or even more for an 'executive' room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for your positive comments following your recent stay with us. I was very pleased to read we exceeded your expectations and our staff, in particular, shone. I'm aware of the issue with the pool telephone and we have changed the sign now to redirect guests to use the telephone in the gym or in the event of an emergency activate the automated pool alarm to alert hotel staff to a problem.
I'll be sure to share your positive fedback with the team.
I hope you choose to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as a valetines treat and loved it. Rooms were basic but for £150 for 2 nights bed and breakfast I was more than satisfied.

The hotel is roughly 10min drive from stratford

Breakfast both mornings were very nice there was a notice up asking people if possible please avoid 9.30-10.30 the busy hour. But it was only because there was a lot of guest staying on the Saturday
Night, we went for breakfast at 9.45 and the staff were very pleasent and helpful, there wasn't a dirty table in sight and all the food was restocked and fresh I was very pleased..

Overall a very enjoyable stay I would revisit if ever back in the area and shall be recomending to others

I have to say the staff made the stay very enjoyable all very kind polite and helpful

• Stayed: February 2013
Ettington C, General Manager at Ettington Chase Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Many thanks for your positve feedback and kind words about the team here at Ettington, I'll be sure to share your review with them.
I hope to welcome you back in the near future.
KInd regards
Stuart

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ettington
Ettington Park Hotel
#9 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon
Best Western Grosvenor Hotel
Best Western Grosvenor Hotel
#20 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon

Been to Ettington Chase Hotel? Share your experiences!