“Best Fish & Chips Ever”
Review of The Chequers Inn

The Chequers Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Ettington
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Easily found in Ettington near Stratford-upon-Avon, The Chequers Inn is the ideal place to visit, with its perfect balance of good quality, affordable and delicious food along with a tasty drinks selection, and friendly service.Whilst the décor is stunning with subtle French undertones and beautiful tapestries, the comfy armchairs and relaxed, pleasant staff give the Chequers that welcoming, homely feel. Diners are presented with the choice of seating either in the relaxed setting of the bar or the well appointed restaurant. There is additional seating in the large garden, overlooking the chef’s herb and vegetable patches.The Chequers al a carte menu is a selection of modern European dishes along with some traditional English favourites.
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I took my aunt and uncle there for lunch on our way to my mother's 90 birthday. They both took the small plate option and both said how much they enjoyed the fish and chips. My aunt commented that they were the best she had ever had. I had the Spanish fish stew which was also very good. Ambience good and service exceptional.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Staying locally for the weekend, we decided to book Dinner for the Friday evening. Thank goodness we did! The food, service, ambience and service were all excellent, despite the numbers eating! We decided then to reserve a table for Sunday lunch, and again our meal was truly memorable, for all those same reasons, with superb choices and beautiful presentation. We will regard The Chequers Inn as our main reason for returning the Stratford area.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have been meaning to do a review of Chequers for so long, I am happy to finally remember to. An absolutely fantastic place to go for food or an evening drink. I have been to Chequers for all sorts of occasions and have enjoyed myself every single time I have gone. My orders usually rotate though the burger, the pie, and the battered fish, all of them absolutely fantastic every time and IPA is always there and always well looked after and tasting great! I have only ever had one issue with Chequers when I simply did not like any of the desserts on offer and the chef rustled me up a simple bowl of custard and I was more than happy! The decor is wonderful and is always specially decorated for Christmas and such. What else can I say, the staff are always nice and the manager (believe he is the owner as well) is an absolutely great guy who is always friendly!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Went to the Chequers to celebrate a birthday with friends. Even though the pub was very busy the service was exceptional. The waitress couldn't do enough to make our visit memorable, constantly checking that everything was to our satisfaction. And the food was wonderful. Well presented and excellent value for money. Thank-you to all at the Chequers. Will definitely be eating there again if visiting the Stratford area.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I visited Chequers on a cold Saturday night in January and received a very warm welcome for our party of 14. Great menu, incredible food and attentive service. Will definitely be back.