“Happy with found this place for late lunch today”
Review of Kreuz - CLOSED

Kreuz
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Atlanta GA
“Happy with found this place for late lunch today”
Reviewed July 17, 2011

We were driving in rain from Chur to Zurich, and were running late for the normal lunch closing hours. We stopped at a beautiful Michelin-starred restaurant, but they were finished serving. When we stopped at Kreuz we were made to feel very welcome and offered the short mid-day menu. It was cozy inside, but we hope to someday sit on the beautiful, leafy terrace direct on the lake and sample from the full menu. I had delicious lake perch (a large portion - about 42 SwF) and my husband had a large salad. Several personnel, and perhaps the owner or manager, stopped by to wish us "good appetite" and inquire if everything was satisfactory. After our experience there and reading a couple reviews of the first place we stopped we were very pleased we had landed there.

• Visited July 2011

Europe
“very good lake fish”
Reviewed July 14, 2011

very good fish from the lake zurich, very polite service and nice facilities, both at the summer terrasse facing the lake and inside. you can reach this restaurant by train (hurden station is very close) , by car (there is a sufficient carpark for customers outside) or by boat (there is a small pier) .

even if you arrive late for swiss standards (after 2 pm) they keep a short menu available

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank atontao
London, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed June 10, 2011

We found this place by 'accident' as we walk from Rapperswil-Jona along the wooden bridge and we didn't know the area.
As soon as we spotted the back area by the lake we decided to have kunch there: the atmosphere was fantastic. Quiet, classy, fresh tree shade, great views...
I usually take photoraphs of food to post them with my reviews but I was so relaxed and it looked and smelled so nice that I completely forgot to take any!

We ordered gazpacho as starter. (Being Spanish) I thought it would be nothing similar to proper gazpacho but I felt like something cool so I ordered anyway. It was delicious. I would have never thught I would try such a good gazpacho out from Spain but I must say it was better than some I've had in Madrid.

For main course we decided to go for some fresh fish from the lake but we can't speak German (so other than "fish / meat" we didn't understand the menu so we asked our waiter and he suggested two different fish dishes. Both were lovely.

He was really helpful and attentive, friendly but respectful. The perfect combination and his recommendations both with the food andwine were superb.

Afterwards I had a look at their website and the indoor restaurant looks as appealing as the alfresco area. If I ever am around again, I will definitely visit Kreuz.

• Visited June 2011