“Lasagne” 2 of 5 bubbles

Pizza Express
Ranked #39 of 62 Restaurants in Greenhithe
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A lovely, well situated restaurant in the heart of Bluewater's 'Village' with spectacular views of Bluewater's lake and surrounds.
Cuxton Kent
“Lasagne”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husand and I had to misfortune to order Lasagne at this Pizza Express on Tuesday. I have to say it was the worst Lasagne I have ever eaten in a Restaurant bar none. It came up sizzling - clearly been microwaved or been in an extremely hot oven and was burnt at the edges of the dish. We were advised to not touch it for about five miniutes. It was pasta with a slurry of tomato sauce, No layers of meat and cheese sauce and we ate it with a spoon. It didn't taste awful but it was not recognisable as a lasagne! It didn't come with any garlic bread or leaves so at £9.30 + gratuity I felt it was extremely overpriced for what it was. We occasionally have Morrisions 3 for £5 Kitchen Ready Meals and they are much better than this. I cook a very good Lasagne myself and have eaten many on my trips to Italy, none were like this. Will not be going again!

• Visited March 2013

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Excellent food ~ appallingly slow service .................”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Been twice recently and had the same experience ~ excellent food, usual Pizza Express standard but service has been appallingly slow ~ had to find a member of staff to take our order and waiting to pay was painfully slow............such a shame! Won't be returning anytime soon......................

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kent
“Very accommodating.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

We visit this restaurant fairly often as a family and are always pleased with the service and value. They have a good selection on the menu and staff are happy to make recommendations or to change items if asked. My son and daughter are vegan and staff have always been happy to serve the pizzas without cheese, and with a little of another topping in its place, with no fuss or bother.
They are also happy to accommodate larger parties if pre-booked. Seating for a birthday gathering for 15 adults was not a problem.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
London
“Doughtastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Best dough balls ever! Staff were very friendly and the service was quick, worth paying that little bit extra. Dough balls were even better than I remembered - just the right amount of garlic.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank nicola h
London, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I do like the pizzas in Pizza Express and we made a detour from a very busy M25 to eat here. We were directed upstairs and the waitress was very helpful. My wife likes a lightly done pizza and we have the same conversation every time we order her pizza. I now stress this to the waitresses and this one said that we would get her pizza lightly done. You've guessed it! My wife received a pizza that was not lightly cooked. The waitress did apologise and it was not her fault. The problem was that everyone else had their food whilst she sat there like a spare part. Highly embarrassing despite the plethora of apologies from the waitress.
I will still go to Pizza Express because I like the pizzas, but the chefs need to listen to what the customers want. A clear training point if ever there was one.

Visited December 2012