“Worth a visit”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Broadstairs, England, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Restaurant decor is great very light and breath of fresh air compared to most restaurants overly industrial look! The food was lovely, average priced! I had bruschetta which was really nice!

Folegandros, Greece
“Not up to usual standard”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

As always, the waiters could not be more pleasant and helpful. The mushroom soup was far too salty and I suspect heavy with mono sodium glutamate. My calves liver was very soft and well cooked, but the onion chutney was too cold and very sweet and the rosemary potatoes a bit undercooked. My wife had sea bass fillets. The skins were not crispy and when she mentioned it, the waiter took our plates away and a new dish was prepared - unfortunately, the skins were still soggy. The affogato was perfect. On the plus side, they have a separate gluten-free menu which makes it so much easier for coeliacs. It was nice to see some new dishes on the menu. We hadn't eaten at Carluccio's for nearly a year, because wherever you go the menu swaps the same and had been unchanged for years.

• Visited March 2013
Essex Uk
“it was ok”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I think its the little things that make a good meal, attention to detail,receiving a warm welcome and feeling that you are more than welcome, but sadly, this was not to be the case, and Im sure if the great man himself, Antonio was seated with us, he would have been equally dissapointed.

I must say, the food looked wonderful...untill the waiter went to put the black pepper onto my dish and the lid came off, smothering my food with black grinds!(and I do mean SMOTHERED!!)

He did offer to change it, but we had waited long enough and wanted to eat together, and as Im fond of black pepper, I told him, I would scoop it off onto a spare plate with no fuss.

When we had finished our meal, we were offered dessert which we declined,but asked for the bill and was amazed to see that no reduction had been made to our bill!

Surely it would have been cheaper for them to have made,say, a 25% reduction to my dish rather than cook me a fresh one (whilst my Wife ate alone?)
Even though we would have declined them, it would have been nice to have been offered maybe a free dessert or glass of wine for the trouble, but no, nothing.

Maybe I should of complained to the Manager, but to be honest, its not something Im comfotable doing.

All in all, not a good show at all, and sad to say, that was the last time we visited Carluccio's.

Visited September 2012
Chatham, United Kingdom
“Love this for Breakfast”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I have never had a main meal here yet, but love their choice on the breakfast menue.
I can especially recommend the fig jam, it is just fantatstic!

Visited October 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Tasty food and good service”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Good prompt service and delicious food for a chain restaurant. Range of food great and good value when buying with a meal deal or using offer vouchers

• Visited February 2013