“Disappointed with meal”

Ranked #6 of 62 Restaurants in Greenhithe
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Loch Fyne restaurants present a fine selection of fresh shellfish and oysters, along with seasonal fish and seafood specials. Each restaurant is rustic yet contemporary, with an elegant ambience. Grilled meat dishes are available at Loch Fyne, along with a popular kids menu. All of the fresh seafood is sustainably sourced.
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I recently visited the restaurant a mid week evening, and enjoyed sitting in the outside area. Staff were very helpful but did feel that at times we were being rushed by the waiter....The meal was quite tasty. But I was disappointed with the small helping of fish, a few small new potatoes and no vegetables for the price I paid.

1  Thank Sue R

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We sat outside and had a very pleasant lunch, we ordered some olives with our wine, but were not impressed with the olives. However, from then on it got better! I had squid tempura to start, which was very nice but there was more tempura than squid. My husband had the Lobster Bisque, which was tasty, but a bit cold although this is to be expected when you are sitting outside and quite a way from the kitchen.

I had the seafood tagliatelle which I enjoyed and my husband had the sea bream which he also enjoyed.

The waitress was fantastic! Very friendly, informative and cheerful. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Restaurant lacked atmosphere. Went with brother and kids could be more children friendly. Had some crayons but not children knives and forks for kids meal of sausage and chips. This was rather plain and chips hard.
We had lobster platter to share which looked more impressive than it tasted and the oysters were small. The main of mussels were tasty but mussels very small although portion adequate except for small round of bread. The strawberry ice cream was really delicious and enjoyed that the most.
Expected more from Loch Fyne so was disappointed with this branch.

1  Thank Ctina21
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Loch Fyne is one of those smaller dependable chains which still manages to produce reasonably decent food in a not too homogenised corporate environment. It's not a venue for a special night or celebration, but it's super for post shopping dinner or a quick lunch.

The Bluewater branch has particular good staff, which - if anything - pull me in its direction rather than Carluccios next door - which is another of my regular post shopping haunts. The only draw-back is my partner doesn't like fish and has a severe allergy to shellfish, which isn't the restaurant’s fault, but once you removed the fish and seafood, the choice is limited.

Unless it's bitterly cold or raining, I always prefer to eat alfresco, but for some reason Loch Fyne at Bluewater have their outside seating a good 50 meters from the restaurant and out of the line of vision of the waiting staff. If there are only one or two tables occupied on the patio, this can result in you feeling forgotten, and at times the service can be slow. Given the geography and the set-up though, this is understandable and unavoidable. The staff are always excellent, friendly and knowledgeable and I have never had poor service (even if I have had to waive to get their attention sometimes).

At Bluewater, this would be my restaurant of choice - its location and brand excludes the plastic tray carrying hordes with their burgers and nuggets and screaming children. The food is of a consistent standard; it would never win any awards but it delivers what it promises to deliver on the menu. I suppose, if anything, they tend to overcook their produce (though I suspect this is a deliberate policy to avoid food being returned and accusations of poisoning). All things considered, I am a happy customer

Reviewed July 2, 2013

What a lovely meal we had.......Baby Leek Risotto is to die for, followed by Seafood Tagietelli, Lemon and Raspberry Mousse with a Macaroon. Excellent service too.............What's not to like!
10/10