“nice enough”

Ranked #6 of 62 Restaurants in Greenhithe
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Loch Fyne restaurants present a fine selection of fresh shellfish and oysters, along with seasonal fish and seafood specials. Each restaurant is rustic yet contemporary, with an elegant ambience. Grilled meat dishes are available at Loch Fyne, along with a popular kids menu. All of the fresh seafood is sustainably sourced.
Reviewed June 2, 2013

this is the third time we have visited this establishment and as chain restaurants go it delivers nearly every time.
we ordered the 3 course lunch menu, £11.95 which is quite affordable.
i had the italien meat platter for starters aberdeen angus burgers for mains and cheese cake for afters.
lovely meats with shavings of parmesan, the burger on the largish side, only downside a thickly sliced tomato which i pulled out, preferring more delicately cut vegatables, but juicy tasting and delicious. the cheesecake also yummy. my partners starter the thai fish cakes looked appetising but fell short of entirely hitting the right note with a heavy emphasis on the coriander.

downsides for us at least, that we couldn’t move for the rest of the day and the staff are just short of professional (one waitress winked at me) so 3 rather than 4 stars. we thoroughly enjoyed most of the food and will definitely be back for another lunch.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

been to this branch a few times, have to say each time I am a little disappointed because the portions get less, and the prices go up, but the food is always very good, even if it is a bit less.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

The selection of fish dishes is excellent. It is not so good if like me you are allergic to fish. The others in our party really enjoyed the fish and the veggie option for me was okay

Reviewed May 16, 2013

My friend and I have been to this restaurant together twice now, and have been really impressed both times. Each visit has been between 5 and 6 p.m, so fairly quiet. Got quite a bit busier as we were leaving. The waiting staff are just attentive enough, and appear knowledgeable about the food they're serving. The set-price menu is very good value with a wide choice. We both opted for two courses for £9.95 (main and dessert, although the starters look really appealing for those people who don't live for their puds!) I had the plaice with a side of new potatoes; my friend had sardines with a side of salad. Both looked inviting and tasted delicious. We chose the same dessert - vanilla and passionfruit cheesecake, which should have come with a mango sorbet. Our waiter apologised profusely that this sorbet was not available, so we chose the raspberry alternative. What a bonus!! Note to Loch Fyne - raspberry sorbet looks great on the plate, the flavours go together superbly, and it complements the fresh raspberry garnish. Go for it. Our (non-alcoholic) drinks were a reasonable price, as was the coffee to finish. I look forward to going back to try the risotto, the salmon fillet or the fishfinger sandwich - followed again by the cheesecake! All roads lead to cheesecake ..... We paid £16 each, all in.

1  Thank DartfordLynn
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We took our two boys(aged 12 & 8) for dinner on a Sunday and was very impressed.

The menu was varied but simple and the childrens menu offered very good choice and value at £6.95 for two courses.

The main menu contained excellent choice and although some may feel the cost of some dishes were slightly high, the quality of the food was very good all round and I never mind paying that bit extra in return for quality.

The service was friendly and efficient and the restaurant allowed you to see the food being cooked in the kitchen and also contained a fish bar where you were invited to go and choose your particualr fish. The children found this interesting!

Overall, a very good experience. It's important to commend restaurants when they get things right and Loch Fyne Bluewater is certainly recommended.

1  Thank Kevin S