“Good firm massages are hard to find!!!!!!”
Review of Indulgence Spa

Indulgence Spa
Ranked #3 of 6 things to do in Cocles
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Looking for a massage in this part of CR is not easy....but Kattia Brown and the staff at Indulgence made it easy! I'm a world traveler and have had just about every type of massage in every place you could imagine and this one was very good!

All reviews
"therapist"
in 16 reviews
"sylvia"

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Be careful with personal property at this establishment. My husband and I received a couples massage and during the relaxation period my iphone was stolen. I was heartbroken due to my phone contained all my pictures of my vacation. The phone tracker (Iphone) verified my phone was at this location.I went in for relaxation and left with frustration because of this incident. There are other spas in Puerto Viejo, take my advice and learn from my mistake and use an alternative spa.

1  Thank tammyl8391
La_Costa_de_Papito, Propietario at Indulgence Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

This is maliciously distorted. This couple had a massage and returned two hours later to ask if we had found an IPhone. The woman said she had the telephone after the massage while she was seated in the reception area enjoying the cold coconut water drink we give to clients after their treatment. We looked thoroughly for the telephone, under the couch cushions, and found nothing. She then said that perhaps she had left it in the restaurant they visited afterwards, and she would go and check.
The next day the woman called and said that, with the help of an IPhone belonging to a guest where they were staying, they had located the IPhone at the spa! I don´t understand how this all works but the spa is located on the 5 acre hotel grounds and the whole place has the same GPS coordinates and, somehow, it didn´t seem possible to say it was located exactly in the spa? We invited them to come right over and were excited to think she might somehow finally find her telephone. When they arrived we were anxious to see on the IPhone the location of her telephone but they said that the guest wouldn´t lend it to them. When a client at the spa volunteered her IPhone they now said it wouldn´t work because they had cancelled the service??
She then told us she now thought she had left the phone at the desk where she sat to pay for the massages and she would be willing to pay to get it back! I explained to her that people have left rings, necklaces and watches and that her proposal to buy it was misdirected and inappropriate. The woman became agitated and I told her I was sorry she had lost her telephone and her vacation photos but there was nothing more we could do for her.
Her report here that her telephone was stolen from her is spitefully dishonest and a low blow.
When I called the restaurant where they went after their massage the manager said that she had offered to buy her telephone back there as well.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

The service here was fantastic, and the manager came in on a Sunday when they are normally closed to give us a couples massage. We were given a glass of chilled white wine and foot soak in warm water with flowers to start off our experience, followed by a massage in a room that opened up to the jungle. I also got my nails done after... and we both felt very happy and pampered! I would definitely recommend it :)

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Auxi and her team at Indulgence Spa do it right! We started with a glass of wine while relaxing in a foot soak before our massage and spa treatment. My friend and I opted for an hour massage and chocolate exfoliation which added to the tranquility of the room with large open windows and the jungle sounds of rain pouring outside. It was a wonderful experience in Costa Rica with chocolate paradise treatment. The massage was perfect ending to our wonderful vacation in Puerto Viejo. Pura Vida!

See more reviews
Reviewed May 31, 2012

As you enter this piece of heaven in the Jungle, you are immediately transported to a place of serenity and tranquility, a place where your senses are invigorated, your mind is relaxed and your body is lifted to Euphoria.

You are indulged and awaken in a jungle garden where luxurious spa treatments soothe your body, mind and soul. My daughter and I were pampered to perfection. Auxi the owner spent 4 hours washing, and braiding my daughters hair, it was so wonderful spending time with such a patient, lovely, talented, magnificent person, a treat to behold.
We cannot wait to return!!!!!!