“Absolutely perfect - don't go anywhere else”

Physis Caribbean Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 8 Cocles B&B and Inns
Newmarket, Canada
“Absolutely perfect - don't go anywhere else”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

We have just spent my husband's 40th birthday here and we could not have spent it anywhere else that would have made it more special. From the moment we arrived, Jeremy and Emily (a young American couple), made us feel at home and spoiled. We had a yummy welcome drink and were shown to our very stylish room with a gorgeous bathroom and conveniences such as A/C (the only place we have stayed in Costa Rica so far with it), a fridge, safte, flat screen with a dvd player and dvds supplied. The bed was very comfortable, everything was amazingly clean and the towels smelled lovely and were super soft.

For our evening meal Jeremy recommended El Refugio grill and phoned to make reservations for us (above and beyond being a great host). The meal was excellent and at the end of it they brought out a birthday brownie with a candle as Jeremy and Emily had told them about my husband's birthday.

The breakfast the next morning was delicious and after we stood on the deck with binoculars that are provided and watched the birds. It was an amazing night's stay and we only wish we could have stayed longer or moved in! You would be remiss if you stayed anywhere else as they have made a stunning retreat - Emily and Jeremy thanks, we loved it.

Room Tip: We were lucky enough to be put in the honeymoon room but I am sure that from everything else we saw...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Slovak first
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2012

Hosts are very nice and friendly. My room was clean and pleasant. I had a private outdoor shower. Located off the main road so it's quiet. Good AC. I hope to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

I chose my stay at Physis Caribbean because of the great reviews , thanks to all the folks for those. I'll start first with the fine amenaties that Physis has to offer.
The rooms are exceptionally clean & decorated with taste & flair of the Caribbean.
The bed mattresses are brand new ( I know because they were delivered & installed the day I checked in).
The air con & de humidifier puts the iceing on the cake & make the room a cool haven from the heat of the day.
The relax area & garden is a tropical setting with carviings of Tucans & Parrots dotted through out the property. I bought one of the Parrots & it now sits in my garden & reminds me of the wonderful stay I had there.
Now to the most important part of this review for me is the owners Jeremy & Emily , this young couple are the epitamy of friendy caring service, my every need was taken care of from the fine breakfast ( I miss your big bowl of fresh fruit Emily) to tips of where to go , where to eat & great beaches , I booked for 6 days & stayed 10 , they made my holiday for me.
You will not be dissappointed with your stay at Physis.

Room Tip: The private cabin is the sweetest of the suites.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank jeff r
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

We intended to stay at Physis two nights but added a third one, the place is just lovely! Ok, it's not right at the beach but almost none hotel in this area is due to the protected nature reserve. Jeffrey and Emily are true hosts and enjoy being around their guests but happy to leave your privacy if you want to. We stayed in the honeymoon suite, Absolutely worth it!

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank Samthewill
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

My wife and I totally enjoyed our 3 day stay at Physis and the owners Jeremy and Emily spared no efforts to make us feel at home. Their property is beautifully renovated and very private and safe. The rooms are tastefully decorated, with new furnishings and linens and meticulously clean. Physis is in a quiet neighborhood and a short distance to the beautiful Cocles beach. There are some restaurants and an extremely well supplied grocery store within a five minute walk.

2 Thank Albert S
Enfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2012

Oh my goodness - Physis is synonymous with Paradise a truly beautiful oasis in Costa Rica. Dreams really can come true when you put change in the beautiful wishing well surrounded by the beauty of the tropical garden and outdoor living space. The rooms are beautiful and immaculately clean, designer quality towels and bedding a true gem. No other place will compare a 5+ star experience. Attention to detail on all areas....a true vacation spectacular. Emily and Jeremy are fabulous, the perfect host and hostess. Thanks so much we had a great time.
Anne & Joe

Room Tip: We stayed in the Honeymoon Suite, just beautiful and romantic.
1 Thank Anne Marie S
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

I stayed in this great bed and breakfast with my wife on our honeymoon, and it was the perfect place. The whole place is brand new - nicely decorated, all top of the line facilities, relaxing garden with hammocks and tropical flowers... But the best part of the deal are Jeremy and Emily, who just kept spoiling us more and more and more... they made us feel like family. They provided us with lot's of information on where to go - what to do - where to eat... gave us a tour in their golf cart.. and don't forget the famous Physis cocktail. They also provide bikes, boogie boards and snorkeling gear for rent.

1 Thank Adi M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cocles
Hotel Banana Azul
#2 of 12 in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Caribe Town
Caribe Town
#1 of 8 in Cocles

Been to Physis Caribbean Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!