My wife and I spent almost a week here. We didn't take note of the location and were later bit by that as the hotel is at least 4 hours drive from the capital. In our case the short road was blocked by a mudslide, so we had to wait till the next morning and take a longer 6-hour route. This is completely our fault though. Do consider your transfer options ahead of time and don't assume you can just take a taxi from the airport any time.
Once we got there, the location was great. There's a good beach that's almost empty most of the time, a few decent nearby restaurants (including one on premises), and a convenience store (which is actually used by locals, so it's decently priced). If you want to go to Puerto Viejo that's actually quite far away, but you can rent a bike or take a taxi. We ended up just walking - part of the way can be walked on the beach, and there are various restaurants/bars/spas/etc along the way.
+ Close to the beach
+ Stylishly decorated (but the transparent bathroom doors might not fit everyone - check your room's photos)
+ Great service (e.g. we never had trouble getting someone's help at the reception)
+ Lush greenery on premises
+ Illuminated and very clean pool
+ Peaceful and quiet
Not so good:
- Breakfast - OK, but I've had better breakfasts in cheaper places
- Hot tub wasn't really hot (same T as the pool) and the bubbles were really weak
- Sound isolation (you can hear the neighbors from the bathroom and the balcony)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Cameleon Boutique Hotel offers upscale beach accommodations within the tropical forest of Puerto Viejo, Limon. The 23 Rooms sit around the pool surrounded by lush tropical gardens, across the street from its Beach Club. The all-white minimalist rooms are decorated with a touch of bright colours and have all the comfort expected in order to have a restful night after your day at the beach or for your afternoon nap after touring the region. All the rooms feature A/C, Satellite TV, WiFi, Rain Shower, Mini Bar, phone, Ipod, Iphone docking station and amenities. You have a choice of King size, Queen size or two Full size beds. Should you prefer to hang around the hotel, we offer private Yoga classes, SPA treatments in our Jungle Spa, Ochio y Medio gastronomic restaurant, lap pool and cool water Jacuzzi, reading/lounging areas surrounded by wildlife and of course Noa Beach Club with its day-beds, hammocks, lounge chairs, bar and restaurant service right on Cocles Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Le Cameleon Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Cameleon Boutique Hotel Costa Rica/Cocles