Canal View Bed & Breakfast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Windmill Farm Hotel(North Hykeham)
Ibis Lincoln(North Hykeham)
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
All reviewsroland and louiseb blocal producelincoln areaon arrivalcooked breakfast was superbfruit loafsmall fridgesurrounding villagespot of tealovely hostssoft towelsthe en suite shower roomwithin easy reachgreat attention to detaillovely weekendrocking horse
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Tip top stay at Canal View. We were on a fleeting visit to Lincoln and chose Canal View as we thought it would be more pleasant than a city centre Travelodge. Roland Louise and Grace couldn't have been more friendly and accommodating especially regards my son's dietary requirements. Breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My sister-in-law and I had a two night stay at Canal View and we found the welcome, the food, the room and the hospitality first class. Saxilby is lovely and the historic trail very interesting and it is so easy to get transport into Lincoln and leave the car behind. We have no hesitation in recommending Canal View to anyone. We only wish we'd stayed longer.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I went to Lincoln to visit a Chinese friend who was about to start Uni. For me, Canal View was ideal as it was firstly near to my friend and close to Bransby Horses rescue centre and a Japanese Garden I was also keen to visit.

As I travelled alone I had the single en suite bedroom which was more than spacious. The full English breakfast was quite possibly the best breakfast I had ever eaten and their coffee was lovely too.

In my opinion, Roland and Louise from my arrival day went above and beyond expectations. Always willing to help whenever questions asked. I stayed three nights and thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

One last thing, they had a guest lounge area which had an old rocking horse and an in tune piano which added a nice final touch to my stay.

If I go back to Lincoln I will definitely stay at the Canal View B & B again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 12, 2013

A two night stay during which the hosts excelled with their welcoming hospitality. Very good room well equipped with everything one could wish for. The addition of a guset's lounge was a nice touch. Within walking distance of the varied amenities that Saxelby has to offer.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We had a very enjoyable short stay at Canal View. We found the modern furnishings and comfortable bed a pleasure. The room and bathroom were spotlessly clean with every need catered for. The location was ideal for visiting Lincoln and the canal-side was perfect for a nice walk which unfortunately we did not have time for as we only stayed one night and had to leave early. Breakfast was great and our hosts were very friendly and helpful recommending somewhere for dinner. We chose the nearby Bottle and Glass in Harby which served home made food at a reasonable price in a nice village setting. We would definitely return to Canal View and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple