“huge portions tasty food”
Review of Mr D's Diner - CLOSED

Mr D's Diner
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a newly opened American Style Restaurant on the A11 just outside Attleborough in Norfolk. We serve breakfast from 7.30 - 11 during the week and then serve from our main menu until late. At weekends we open at 8 for breakfast.We keep the atmosphere as vibrant as we can with our Wurlizter Jukebox and authentic diner seating. We have an extremely experienced kitchen team and management team which are complimented greatly by our youthful energetic front of house team. We have a fully licensed bar which serves a full range of bottled beers, wines, spirits and cocktails. If you are coming to Mr D's at the weekend its always advisable to give us a call to reserve your table to avoid disappointment.
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Visited here for a late lunch/early dinner on Sunday. Had heard good things about the diner so was keen to try it out. Burger was very nice with a HUGE portion of chips on the side - was very glad we didnt order a starter ! Service was friendly. We would revisit and would bring my neices here as they would love it for a birthday treat!

Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

My first visit to Mr D's and I was VERY impressed. Great atmosphere and music. Very helpful and friendly staff. Superb food and drinks menu. Very well priced. I have been to many restaurants similar to this one and Mr. D's is right up there with the best. A very enjoyable evening. Don't let any of the negative comments put you off. Also some of the cleanest toilets I have visited !

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Food was lovely, good amount of choice for vege's. Service was quick and friendly.
We went on a saturday night and it was very busy, the staff asked if we wanted to wait of be seated upstairs which does not have the same atmosphere. We chose to sit upstairs where the atmosphere was still good and the staff were very attentive.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by the decor and were really looking forward to the 'diner' food. What a disappointment - we ordered burgers which were thin, lacking in taste and on stale rolls (mac D's are nicer and cost less) which were £10 - £11 each. This came with over cooked curly fires, corn in the cob which had the taste of just about to turn to bad and a little bowl of side salad which quite frankly I would not have fed to my rabbits - brown and dry definately yesterday's food. It is such a shame as real American diner food would have been a great find!

1  Thank Gladders21
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We were seated at our table and waited around 20mins before we were asked if we wanted a drink. We all ordered and my meal came out with fries, where I then said No I requested sweet fries, 3/4 mins later came back out with garlic fries so again it was sent back into the kitchen and it finally arrived. By this time the burger was cold and I ended up leaving half of it.
The portions are big not sure any of us finished them but there were so many fries they were falling off the plate! We then had to wait another 5 minutes for sauces to be brought to the table.
All in all its ok not somewhere we would go back to through choice and the location is pretty grim to be honest.

2  Thank the_globtrotters