“what a gem!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We were on our way back from Norwich and looking for a place to eat. We were going to stop at the restaurant on the corner but saw this lovely inn and decided to go there instead. Glad we did. What a little gem! The staff were very friendly and the inn was very clean. We didn't have to wait long for the food.The portions of the food we ordered were large, well cooked, hot and looked appetising, and must admit, very tasty. We had dessert as well. Amused me to have home made rice pudding with a dollop of jam. haven't seen that on a menu before! my hubby enjoyed his as well. Would definitely go back there again. Prices weren't bad either. Well worth a visit

1  Thank lizzie1jane

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We held my daughter's 21st birthday party in the function room. The staff were absolutely amazing in their support throughout the night. A big 'Thank you' to Nichola and David for arranging and supplying the buffet... top notch! :)

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Ate here whilst staying at the Breckland Lodge. Good food with variety for most, friendly staff who despite being busy were suitably attentive. Would definitely return if in the area

1  Thank Frequenthotelstay
Reviewed July 24, 2013

4.30pm on a Saturday afternoon, my boyfriend and I were on our way back to London and had tried a couple of Pubs on the way to be told they weren't serving food. I found this pub using an iPhone App and what a pleasant surprise it was!
The staff were friendly and courteous, the menu was varied and interesting and the food was outstanding! Lovely surroundings and great value for money. I would definitely go back there again if I was in the area and would thoroughly recommend!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Called in with my wife recently and enjoyed the friendly atmosphere as well as great food.
Bar staff were great and the chef prepared food that was full of taste and well presented
A real change to the generic chain pubs opening everywhere and highly recommended.