All reviewscdg airportprixsaintfurnishingsparistrainhostellerie
Reviewed December 8, 2016

I didn't stay there myself but recommended it for a couple of friends visiting from New Zealand in Dec 2016. They were delighted with their stay, they were very well looked after by the owners, they were very happy with their room, said it was totally French and charming, and very comfortable, and were impressed by the massive, delicious and varied breakfast. They also had dinner at the hotel. Generally, they were very pleased with the hotel and the small town it is located in, they got to see Paris and the Eiffel Tower at night from afar. They parked their rental car in the street, and had no issues at all. They had no negative comments whatsoever. I wish I had stayed there too!

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2016

Hostellerie du Prieure is run by Yves Farouze and his charming wife Frederique. The rooms are a good size and well appointed.
Yves has run Michelin starred restaurants all over the world and the cuisine here is of a high standard.
Only 25KM from Paris St Prix is an ideal location to explore the l'Oise and Vexin areas.
Sam Leigh
London

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed October 25, 2016

We meet up with my wife's French family. We travel several times to France a year and we are seasoned travellers abroad. We booked 3 rooms , all ok apart from the things not working , like TV's heaters , lights , locks etc. You always try to make the best of it but never been anywhere were you turn a light switch on to get TV working , although lights didn't work. The problems we had spoiled the stay.
The restaurant which it seems the owners concentrate on was very expensive , be very careful. We had 8 people and it cost us 800 euro to eat and drink incl. 3 bottles of wine.
I have paid a lot of money in the past to eat at very nice places but the food and service didn't meet the price tag. 2 of us had lamb shank. (very small about the size of a computer mouse.) I have had better out of frozen section in Tesco so not work 30 euro a piece with a bit of potato. The lady owner kept apologizing for the service , we waited an hour between courses. She blamed the staff. French service can be a bit dodgy sometimes but this was another level (lower). Try and miss breakfast unless you like coffee and a fag as there is not much else. 2 types of old cereals , no milk or spoons , eggs you can boil in Luke warm water yourself , if you have a spare 40 minutes. A cup of tea was a choice of strawberry , lemon or some green tea.
Car park at back for 2 cars or park at top of the hill in church par park (full when we went). Overall expensive , poor service , to much not right , bad attitude towards helping. And believe of not I very rarely moan. We went for a Chinese buffet style lunch next day and it was 15 euro a head , excellent service , lovely food and proved you can do things better with a small amount of effort.

Room Tip: Get one that works
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2016

We were on a Van Gogh pilgrimage . The reviews enticed us to this hotel and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We dined on the Saturday night-excellent menu and choice of wines at reasonable prices; a comfortable night in the Safari suite - a 4 posted- décor was sympathetic to the title of the room and thankfully, there was air conditioning. A mini bar was also provided. No tea and coffee facilities.. There is car parking to the rear but we chose to park on the street fro ease of departure. Unfortunately no meals are served on the Sunday so we missed but but otherwise would have jumped at the chance to sample the menu . A second good night's sleep- breakfast and then departure. You need to speak with M le Patron who is the chef to find out his past experiences but you will not be disappointed. You would never find the town and thus the restaurant by accident but certainly worth a detour. Also you can see the Eiffel tour at night a few steps away from the hotel.

Room Tip: Your choice- we chose the Safari Suite
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2016

I stayed here for a couple of nights with my dog, en route to Limoges. Both me and my dog were mad to feel very welcome by Frederique and her husband. They were both kind and hospitable. Frederique kept me supplied with different types of white wine, which are all organic.
My dog was allowed in the restaurant, all the staff made a huge fuss of him.
On the full day I went on some forest walks because it was very hot.
I didn't stay here to go into Paris, but because of a shortish drive to my next stop.
Will definitely stay here again.
Thank you for such a lovely stay.

Room Tip: The side room Romance can be a little noisy
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled solo