“Beautifully done”

and 1 more site!
Lower Barns Boutique B&B
Ranked #1 of 2 Saint Ewe B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 2, 2014

A beautifully decorated both luxurious and quirky place, lovely people,gorgeous hottub and wonderful food.The owners were really helpful and kind and make you feel very relaxed.My only criticism (and its not really a criticism as such) was that I came away for a much needed and rare time away from young child to spend a two nights quality time with my husband, and the first night we ate in the lovely "shack" , the food was delicious but all sitting on one big table and being very sociable chatting to two other couples... they were very pleasant and friendly and after a couple of glasses of wine it was all quite hilarious, but then again chatting to the same people at breakfast the next day...and then again at breakfast the next day...was abit much..actually we stayed at the nook which has a small kitchen ,and had we known we'd have just bought our own breakfasts and had breakfast in bed! The nook was absolute heaven, cosy and romantic and comfortable and a bathroom to die for. I would definately go back there, just probably with the plan of not having to be chatty to other people over breakfast, though maybe thats just me being a grump!

Room Tip: the nook or the cranny are wonderful!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tati D
There are newer reviews for Lower Barns Boutique B&B

Reviewed March 23, 2014

This place comes defiantly recommended. We had a lovely, relaxing break here. We had a comfortable, colourful room with a big, comfy bed overlooking the beautiful garden (with cute owl!). Sadly, we didn't have time to hop into the hot-tub. We weren't there long enough. Next time! We will definitely be going back.
The breakfasts were tasty and varied. I am vegetarian, and the cooked breakfast was excellent. The place is set in a beautiful and peaceful location. Many places of interest are within reach including lovely beaches and the great port of Mevagissey. The skies look amazing there at night (weather permitting of course!) Lower Barn really sets the bar high for Cornish B&Bs and we couldn't fault a thing about it. Thanks to Jaine and Mike who really go out of their way to make their guests feel welcome. They are hardworking and excellent hosts with great knowledge of the surrounding area and Cornwall . Will recommend this place to friends and family. :)

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We were delighted to be the first occupants of the Nook, one of a pair of recently completed barn conversions at Lower Barns (the other of course being Cranny). The welcome from both Janie and Mike started a brilliant weekend getaway in a superb setting, with every need provided for.
The accommodation is cosy, quirky and romantic with it's own private courtyard with service and food that's absolutely first class.
Thank you for a great time.
Kay & Gareth

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Creative accommodation with enough room to live in. I was holed up in 'The Hideaway'. It had its own secluded garden with a gipsy's caravan for a lounge or it would have had it been finished. Not that it was needed as the bedroom was ample.The best for me was Hooty, the Great Horned Tiger Owl that guarded my entrance and hist at me each time I went past. After hissing he would wink at me. I couldn't work out whether he wanted to kiss me or peck me!
I've been in many hotels and B&Bs throughout the world, this ranks in the top 10. Certainly the very best in the UK.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Janie and Mike have really mastered hosting with the perfect balance of attentiveness. My boyfriend booked the hideaway room for a surprise birthday treat for me.. He couldn't of picked a better place! The room is stunningly creative and cosy, with the most glorious of beds. The care you recieve whilst staying at the lower barn is outstanding, greeted with homemade cake and lots of little surprise treats. Breakfast was very tasty, and such a range of choice. Both Janie and Mike go out of there way to help you find the perfect way to spend your day offering great walking and location advice. We spent our first night in the outside hottub with the clearest of nights, great to stargaze. We would return again and again and again! An 8 hour journey for a two night stay that I would choose over any other holiday!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Our short break in The Hideaway Suite was perfect. The attention to detail was astonishing to make the suite homely and private. Mike & Janie were excellent hosts, offering delicious cooked breakfasts using local, tasty produce. The suite is guarded by Woody the owl to make your privacy even more valuable.

I recommend The Hideaway Suite to all couples, young or old, for a long or short break.

Jonathon & Zoe

Room Tip: The Hideaway Suite is separate to the entire house; ideal for a private and quiet break.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Lower Barn blew me away. Janie and Mike are lovely genuine people who work tirelessly to make their bed and breakfast perfect for all types of travellers. I was lucky enough to be able to look at a few of their rooms and I have to say each one is stunning, original and so colourful. Both Janie and Mike are incredibly creative people and have managed to combine Cornwall, France and South America into one beautifully. I stayed in the garden room which is a lovely private room with its own conservatory and ensuite and I found a box of chocolates on the bed....I was sold. This was just one of the things that added up to a perfect stay for me. I have always shyed away from using colour in my own home but not anymore!!! Lower Barn opens your eyes to endless possibilities and really makes you smile. It is a haven and as you can probably tell I fell in love with the place and can't wait to return!!

Room Tip: You're spoilt for choice as all rooms are gorgeous!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Trevalsa Court Country House Hotel
The Alverton
The Alverton
#1 of 4 in Truro

Been to Lower Barns Boutique B&B? Share your experiences!