“Romantic Weekend”

and 1 more site!
Lower Barns Boutique B&B
Ranked #1 of 2 Saint Ewe B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Just come back from Lower Barn for a belated Valentine weekend. We stayed in the Lawnside suite which I think is the smallest room available. However we were very impressed with the colourful comfortable double room, bigger than most double rooms I've stayed in and cleaner too!. The bed was comfortable and we loved the two chairs and large TV where we could sit after a long day exploring. It was lovely and warm (it was freezing outside!), lovely bathroom and generous sized towels and dressing gowns. There was space and good light at the dressing table too. The breakfast was gorgeous and it was fab to get a proper frothy coffee at breakfast. We ate in the 'shack' on the Friday night which has a roaring fire, comfty cushions and hot water bottles. The food was very good, we ate a 3 course meal which was £35 each, a tip would be to take your own wine or soft drink. Lower Barn is a very welcoming and friendly place to stay and I would definately recommend it!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Janie C, Owner at Lower Barns Boutique B&B, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you guys for your kind words glad you enjoyed Lower Barn. Hope to see you both another time . Keep an eye out for the Hiding places coming some time this year pending on mikes back. We will get there! Have a great year janie x

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed at Lower Barn last September, on entering our bedroom it did have the 'wow' factor as it was decorated with lovely vibrant bright colours, however, the bedroom was small, it also had a small 'living' area with transparent roof, which woke me up when it rained. The bathroom was smaller, the water pressure was low and the bathroom was dusty in places. From reading reviews on here, I presume we were in one of the smaller bedrooms, therefore, that should be taken into account. Our room was near the open kitchen so noisy at times. The breakfast was served around one big table in the lounge area - good if you want to get to know the other guests, but not to everyone's taste. We were expecting a good quality breakfast but sorry to say we were disappointed with the quality, the guide in the bedroom promised so much more....

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ruth H
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I have just come back from 3 nights at Lower Barn for our Anniversary. The room was lovely and so well thought out with little thoughtful personal touches.The bed was very comfy although having a husband who is 6ft 7 I should have booked a room with a bigger bed! Mike and Janie made us feel at home from the moment we arrived till the moment we left. We had a wonderful 3 course meal in the shack on our first night cooked by Janie. Such a romantic evening with an open fire, fairy lights and candles and the extra thoughtful touches of hot water bottles on such a cold snowy night. Janie gave us lots of useful info on where to go in Cornwall and where to eat which was so helpful as it was our first time to Cornwall.Such a peaceful place in a great location, run by a lovely family.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I have just come back from a weekend at Lower Barn. We found it online while looking for a location no where in particular and thought it looked absolutely wonderful...which it was. We stayed in the hay loft which was even better than its photo with a GIANT bed with beautiful cushions and bed spread. We loved all the extra touches...the chocolates, the pamper basket in the bathroom. We were given great directions to mevagissy to find fish and chips the first night and then ate at lower barn on the Saturday. The food was incredible and we could not have eaten better if we had gone out. The welcome was really homeley despite Mike suddenly being in hospital for back surgery that day. We had a super relaxing time as a couple and felt very at home. The location is perfect. It is a lovely place run a by a lovely family and we will be going back!

Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my wife as part of our honeymoon in the hideaway which I can highly recommend. It's tucked away in the garden away from the main house so it's very peaceful and romantic with your own roll top bath. We had the most romantic dinner in the shack by the open fire, an amazing fish pie cooked by janie. A bottle of wine and then we relaxed in the outdoor hot tub looking for shooting stars.
The next day I relaxed and watched a film from Mikes massive collection, while my wife had a massage treatment from Janie, which she highly recommends.
If your after a relaxing break away with the most friendly people (Janie and Mike) I can't recommend Lower barn enough, I can't wait to go back. BOOK NOW!!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My partner and I stayed in the Hideaway and was so surprised how good the room was. I could easily say the best BnB 've ever been too. The bed is so big and comfy.

Janie is such a great hostess and made us feel very welcomed. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is looking for a nice relaxing place to stay.

We will definitely go back.

Room Tip: The Hideaway room is such a nice room
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

We have been going to Lower Barn for over 10 years, when Janie and Mike just had the two rooms, over the years it has just got better and better, we are very excited by nook and cranny the two new rooms I am sure they are going to be amazing. Everything from the rooms to the food is fabulous and yes I want to dog nap jazzy as well she is such a delight. Roll on the next visit J & G x

• Stayed: February 2013
3 mi away
Wild Air Guest House
Wild Air Guest House
#6 of 34 in Mevagissey

Been to Lower Barns Boutique B&B? Share your experiences!