“Nothing short of superb!”
Review of Hotel Le Regent

Hotel Le Regent
Hotel Le Regent
Bloxham
“Nothing short of superb!”
Reviewed January 8, 2010

We booked this hotel as a convenient hotel just outside of Paris for the New Year.We arrived at the hotel at about 8pm New Years Eve. The light was on in Reception, but there was noone there, and the door was locked. There was however, a note of the front door, but as it was in French (not unexpected) neither me or my friend could translate. I later guessed that it instructed us what to do in such an event. However, after a brief moments panic, I called the number of the hotel; no sooner had I dialled but the owner of the hotel arrived to check us in.

Checkin was the speediest I have ever seen (as a hotel receptionist myself, I have some meausre of comparrison). He instantly knew who we were, grabbed the key and he escorted us to the room.

I have to say without a shadow of a doubt that the owner is a complete star! He was the epitomy of politeness, whilst being at the same time very approachable. He spoke perfect English, thank the Lord! and so he explained about the hotel, showed us around the room when we got there, gave us information on the local area... I have to say, I was knocked speechless by the incredible level of service. For the service alone the hotel should be at least 4 star!

The room was stunning, I would guess recently refurbished, but very classicly done, very inkeeping with the historic feel that the building has. The bathroom was spotlessly clean, with underfloor heating! It has to be said, not being a morning person, nothing is nicer than stumbling bleary eyed into the bathroom and not getting the horrific cold floor feeling! Delightful!

I really cannot praise this hotel enough, it made our stay absolutely brilliant. The hotel is conveniently placed for Paris and the surrounding countryside - it's only a few kilometres to the castle where they film Merlin (also stunning, btw).

Just... wow! I'm a very happy lady after this stay, it made the traffic in Paris worthwhile! :)

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RF1988

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Kent
Reviewed August 27, 2007

We stayed here one night on our way back from the south. It’s an old coaching inn that has been re-furbished and provides very comfortable and stylish accommodation. We stayed in the stables (ground floor) the room was spacious and well appointed bathroom and WC modern and clean. Breakfast consists of rolls and breads with juice/coffee. The owner is a really nice man friendly and helpful. The village is interesting and has at least one good restaurant that stays open late! (aux menus plaisirs 63 rue du général Leclerc) . We would return to Le Regent for a longer stay this is a hotel with character.

• Liked — the charecter of the building and quality of rooms
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank chriskerry
Also consider these accommodations in or near Villers-Cotterets
Hotel Restaurant Bonanite
#2 of 6 in Soissons
Chateau de Fere
Chateau de Fere
#1 of 1 in Fere-en-Tardenois

Been to Hotel Le Regent? Share your experiences!