“Awesome!”

Malisa Villa Suites
Ranked #37 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
Reviewed February 8, 2011

Wonderful peaceful property that makes you want to stay there as long as possible. We were there over the Chinese New Year long weekend and we wished so much that we could stay longer. The staff were courteous and full of warmth. Being a small property (41 Villas), everything had a personal touch to it.

The villas were really big with an outdoor living room area and kitchenette and swimming pool. Inside, the bathroom is an open concept, and the bed room is really large with more than enough space for 2 - 3 people. No need to bring a laptop to stay connected as there is a Mac attached to the TV for internet. Bed is big and sheets are comfy! Wish they had a selection of pillows though! (But normal pillows were quite comfy)

The compound is well manicured and was breezy due to the open space. Great for gardening or landscaping enthusiasts to have a walk around.

The location was really good, 5 minutes to the beach and many many restaurants, massage places and convenience stores just outside the hotel. Kata Beach and Kata Noi Beach both have soft powdery white sand during the high season with many beach stalls that sell drinks. Sun beds cost about 100 baht for the whole day. Kata Noi is quieter and more peaceful.

Overall, it was an awesome experience and one of the best from my stays in Phuket and Bali.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wooty84
There are newer reviews for Malisa Villa Suites

Reviewed December 29, 2010

This is the 4th time we have stayed at Malisa Villas and only one of 4 villas we stayed at during our 3 week trip to Thailand. Once again Malisa didn't disappoint us. They welcome us back each time as though we are family and the staff are always so friendly and willing to assist with everything from driving you around to bringing us wine or organising a golf trip.

awesome - see you again next year!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 20, 2010

Been to Phuket several times, sometimes with family, sometimes with spouse. Each time, I try out a new hotel. The last one was Marriott Mai Khao (MMK). In comparison with Malisa Villa, MMK fades in comparison. I had several grouses with MMK and even after I emailed them, their management chose to not reply. That's their loss because it just means that I would definitely not return there.

Regarding Malisa Villa, I would say this was the best stay I had of all my Phuket trips. The villa is huge, clean and modern at the same time. What surprised me was that each villa is equipped with an apple harddrive and you could actually serve the internet on their TV, even if you don't have your own laptop. With the free wi-fi, it certainly added the cherry on top of the cake for a techie like me. It also made my wi-fi calls practically free.

When I arrived, the receptionist at the lobby informed me that the pool villa which I had booked was fully booked, and they upgraded me to the grand pool villa. Imagine that!! The pool was way bigger than MMK's, and the entire villa was private, except for about maybe 5% of the space, which could be overlooked by the back property which is taller. I stayed in room 1201. I understand from their staff that the property behind was constructed after Malisa so there wasn't anything Malisa could do about it. Perhaps, management could raise the height of the wall, to make it completely 100% private. The pool was large but because our villa had a tree growing just beside the pool, our pool was dirty with leaves and tree droppings. I wish management would just cut off the tree. Also, because of the tree, the sun-deck chairs had very little space.

The thought of the outdoor shower is unique and romantic, but not very functional since it wasn't connected to the hot water pipes. I should think it would not be a major thing connecting the hot pipes to the outdoor shower. Since I'm on the topic of water, the hot water takes a long time to get hot, and having a two-tap mixer is probably not the most functional and convenient for guests. Perhaps, using a one-lever tap would make the sink more functional, especially when your hand is covered in soap while shaving or washing your face. Also, it takes a very long time for the tap to fill up the bathtub - about 45 mins. But it's worth the wait as the bubbles generated were just oh so naughty...

The bed is fabulous, the pillows are just great. Housekeeping is fantastic. Whenever you call them, they will serve you in a matter of minutes, with a smile. The lighting in the villa is too low. I know that the management wants to exude a romantic feel to it, but guests should be given a choice of lighting. I mean afterall, there are times of the day when you would wanna do some reading or work on the laptop.

I feel they should retile or reconstruct the walkway. The current one makes walking quite dangerous and painful if you happen to step on the wrong part. The best is to just level out the walkway. Since the villa uses a lot of wood, timber boarding walkway would fit it to a tee.

I was quite amazed that the staff would actually cook for you in your villa if you request to have in-villa breakfast. We chose to have breakfast at the restaurant on all days and were so surprised to hardly see any guests in it at all. I suppose most guests wanted to also dine in private. We had a BBQ set dinner at their restaurant one day. It was average in terms of food taste and quality. The soup they served was supposed to be tomato soup. The bowl was hot but the contents was cold. They must have taken it out of the fridge. The worst part was the tomato soup wasn't tomato soup, it was tomato puree. My wife informed the restaurant staff of this. It was quite difficult getting them to understand more detailed differences like the difference between soup and puree. I was led to understand that the owner of the property also owns 2 restaurants within walking distance - Mama Restaurant and Mali Restaurant. We tried food at these 2 restaurants. Food at Mali Restaurant (the farther one) was between fair to good, depending on what you order. You must try the seafood kebab at Mali - fresh and succulent. Skip the meat kebabs and definitely skip the steaks - not well cooked and very fatty and impossible to chew. We were very dismayed with the food at Mama Restaurant. For the first time in our lives, we came across a restaurant that was bad at cooking Thai food in Phuket! Don't try Mama Restaurant - give it a miss.

The spa was simply fantastic. Yes, expect to pay spa prices but the treatments were so much more professional and relaxing. There was an offer for 1 for 1. But upon inquiry, the spa receptionist told us that the 1 for 1 offer was only for 2 treatments and encouraged us to buy the 'hours package'. So we bought 6 hours. On the next day, she allowed us to have anything on the 1 for 1 offer. Did we get conned by her? Donno. Hope that if somehow management reads this, then they would be able to confirm it.

Overall, I had a great stay at Malisa. Thank you staff and management of Malisa Villa for making my stay a wonderful one.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2010

Stay at the malisa villa was the best experience the hotel, staff, food and the ambience was just perfect we stayed in the deluxe pool villa (room with pvt pool) it was just amazing, every morning breakfast was served in our room by the pool and the room was just very cozy and romantic perfect for honeymooners or newly wedded couples. Location was also very peacefull and walking distance to the beach.
We wish to visit for again and this time for more days.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2010

I originally booked 4 nights at the Malisa Villa for my daughter and myself to finish off our Phuket holiday. We had a great time and loved the privacy of our Grand Pool Villa. Unfortunately, my daughter became very ill during our stay and had to be hospitalised which meant we had to extend for a week beyond our original check out. I decided to downgrade to just the pool villa to save some money. When it came to changing rooms, the beautiful staff advised me, they had upgraded us to the Grand Pool Villa and that we were able to stay on in our same room. This took so much of the stress out of my daily hospital visits. They even sent a staff member up to the hospital with a gift for my daughter. They could not have been more lovely or helpful. Once my daughter was released from hospital, we were able to go on an enjoy our extended stay. We loved ithe Malisa so much, have decided to model our soon to renovated back yard on their pool area. If you want privacy in a quieter, more village feel of Phuket, then this is the place.

• Stayed: September 2010
2  Thank bettyrose07
Reviewed October 16, 2010

We went to the Malisa Villa Suites for ten days on our honeymoon. Staying in this hotel made our vacation romantic and luxurious. We were steps from the hustle and bustle of the market and beach areas, but the hotel felt like a private oasis. It was quiet and private. When you close the door to your suite you feel safe and relaxed. It was an easy walk to stores, the beach, and restaurants. Phuket wasn't exactly the serene island paradise that we envisioned, but the hotel gave us the solitude that we wanted for our honeymoon. This hotel is perfect for a couple who wants a luxurious adventure. The spa services were amazing. i can't think of any other word for it. We have reminisced over and over about the hot stones massage. Even though it was expensive compared to the neighborhood massage rates, it was money well spent. We treated ourselves to a couple of visits and they turned out to be some of the highlights of our whole trip. The private pool water was a little cold making the pool less inviting than we had hoped. The indoor and outdoor showers seemed modern yet authentic and the huge wooden tub was fun. The staff were personal but not intrusive, available but invisible in a way. From the moment we checked in, the attention to detail was apparent. The staff greeted us with tea and warm towels. For the rest of our stay until we checked and got dropped at the airport it was first class accommodations and service. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Honeymooning in Kata Beach, Malisa Villa suites was so romantic ! The GM also offered us free complimentary minibar (filled with juices, drinks, mineral water, nuts and snickers choc bar) for our 5 day 4 night stay. Even when it was raining ( We went low season, rained alot) we could sit out by the pool, listen to the water fall in the pool, lounge around, surf the internet on their provided laptop. Or we'd watch DvDs that we rent from the front library. Breakfast is pleasant in our own privacy cause they send u breakfast , eating by the pool, and the birds would perch on a branch chirping, perhaps waiting for a stray crumb. The pool has a jet function so we were practicing our Olympic strokes.haha. Then can go wash off in the romantic jacuzzi tub, scrubbing each other with their complimentary loofahs. Before sunset the staff will come around to offer mosquito/bug spray services. I didnt see a mosquito, I guess they did a very good job.And they also provide anti mosquito lamps in the room. Only one thing though, on my last day just before checking out, I found a creepy crawley in the bathroom. I have a big aversion to bugs. It was that huge millipede, red and like 13 cms long. I've been seeing them round the island(phuket). But if it is bothered it will curl up, then can pick it up with paper and put outside.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Mom Tri's Villa Royale
Mom Tri's Villa Royale
#2 of 56 in Kata Beach
The Bell Pool Villa Resort Phuket

Been to Malisa Villa Suites? Share your experiences!