“Beauty, tranquility and privacy”

Malisa Villa Suites
Ranked #34 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
Frederiksberg, Denmark
“Beauty, tranquility and privacy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

We spent 2 weeks at this excellent hotel. Situated just perfect in a beautyful and calm garden. Consisting of 41 villas of 150 sm., equiped with private pool, outdoor lounge and kitchen. Large bedroom and bathroom. Jaccusi and outdoor shower. Furthermore breakfast is prepared and served by your own chef and waiter. When you have spent some time at the beach, it is marvelous to go back to this retreat to enjoy peace and tranquility. Staff very kind, smiling and helpful. I only have one complaint. The cleaning was not so good, I am sorry to say.

2 Thank Susanne H
Janthira S, General Manager at Malisa Villa Suites, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear Ms. Susanne H,

I am delighted to read your compliments of the friendliness and dedication of our staff , private pool and breakfast in villa. We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your personal experience and acknowledge our efforts. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Phichet Wongsrichu (Mr.)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Frederiksberg, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

Malisa's resort is squeezed in between high Buildings on both sides of the resort. And since you have a private pool in the villa it is important to have a villa where the neighbours in the hign houses cannot just look down in your swimming pool patio.
We had to change our villa for that reason, but the staff found quickly another fine villa for us immediately at arrival.
The pool villas are really nice! Interior looks a little worn out maybe, and could need a repair here and there, but nothing really dramatic. You can spend an excellent time in the villa.
We had a grand pool villa - there is a big patio (covered and uncovered) at the pool. Kitchen under the patio cover with fridge and equipped with what you need for making coffee/the or even lunch. Breakfast is made based on what you order each day on an order list - then you can eat it in the restaurant or in your villa, and if you choose the villa then a couple of sweet girls come to make i breakfast for you at the time you wish every morning. Luxery!! and we never tried the restaurant for breakfast. Minibar in the patio is free and refilled every day
Then a nice big bedroom/living room with TV and a Mac computer for your use (also a TV in the patio by the way). Huge bathroom with SPA and shower room, but also a nice outdoor shower.
House and pool cleaned every day by the sweet staff in Malisa.
Internet connections functions perfect and with excellent speed.
All staff from reception to housekeeping, guards, garden maintainers and others are very friendly and greet you everytime you pass. That is very positive since you feel wellcome at Malisa.

Some guests have been writing about mosquitos - Malisa is among the places we have been in Thailand where there was VERY FEW of them - and you are provided with spray for yourself and for the room, if you find you need it, so we cannot recognize any special problem with mosquitos.

The fitness room is equipped with what is needed for a reasonable workout.

Malisa's garden and outdoor facilities are really nice. A guard at the entrance, and the area is peacefull and quiet. And just outside the Resort is Kata Road with lots of life, shops and restaurants, and Kata's fine and sandy Beach is only 5 min. walk away!
We would certainly go back Again.

Room Tip: Be sure not to get a villa where the higher Buildings surrounding Malisa will be able to look more o...
2 Thank Lynge T
Dear Mr. Llynge T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at Malisa
Villa Suites Phuket. I am happy to note that you has fantastic time, enjoyed our delightful breakfasts and had a pleasant stay in our villas. I sincerely appreciate your king acknowledgement of our Malisa Villa Suites Team who understand has helped to ensure your stay with us was and enjoyable and relaxing experience. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and ensuring your expectations are exceeded once more.

Macau, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Was probably great in its day. But it's day is over. The wear and tear on the rooms is very apparent wood scuffed and chipped, the doors do not close properly there are gaps in them everywhere impossible to keep the mozzies away. The staff are very friendly and try hard to make you happy I will give them that. Gym is from 1985 as is the upkeep all old gear badly needing replaced.
First and last visit I'm afraid.
Oh and I am staying here now by the way.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
1 Thank Paul C
Janthira S, General Manager at Malisa Villa Suites, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear Mr. Paul C.,

I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for the problems you encountered during your stay at the Malisa Villa Suites. I am looking into it to ensure it does not happen again. However, it blackened your stay at our resort, and for that I am sorry.
We care about our guests at Malisa Villa Suites, and we hate it went there is ever a problem with one of our guests. I was embarrassed to have encountered such a problem with you, and I will do everything in my power to ensure it does not happen again. I know this does not help you, but I just wanted to let you know. Additionally, I hope you were satisfied with how the resort employees handled your problem. If you had any negative experiences with our resort, please let me know. I hope that was not the case and I hope that you will visit us again the next time you are in Phuket.

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

Really forget about any negative reviews on this Hotel, it is really magical. I spent the first three nights of my Honeymoon there last November, 2013; but we were really amused and we preferred to repeat the experience before the end of our Honeymoon and we stayed for another two nights. The Mosquito issue is the main problem but it is something out of their control, my only advise is to always keep your bedroom door closed while you are using the pool. Me and my wife really wish to repeat such great experience again soon. Enjoy your time...

Room Tip: Better to select the Grand Pool Villa!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sherif O
Dear Mr.and Mrs. Sherit O,

Thank you for your nice feedback after your honeymoon stay at Malisa Villa Suites. We are happy to hear, that we could exceed your expectations and that you spent for you honeymoon very pleasant days in our villa. Looking forward to welcoming you again, next time you visit Phuket.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

We spent there 3 nights... as part of our honeymoon...
We enjoyed it a lot... and we loved our stay there... the place is very nice... very quiet... and the service is awsome... the people there are very friendly... helpfull.... and really respectfull...
The place is at a walking distance from the beach around 10 mins... plenty of shops (in all buisness) surrounding the hotel.....
The room is well furnished.... supplied with a wifi.. pool and all the marketed items they claim.... and it was really nice...
The only problem we faced there was the moskitos and as part of the room is outdoor... we faced some annoying bugs especially that the room was near the extremities of the hotel....
When I told the hotel stuff about the moskitos and the bugs... they came and sprayed the room and the outdoor part with insecticides... and gave us insecticide bottle and extra insect repellent but this didn't help much... in repelling the insect....
Moreover seems that some employees doesn't understand well the english language as I requested the room service when they were cleaning the room to exchange the vanilla ice cream with chocolate icecream... but the took the vanilla and brought nothing back....
Aside from these 2 negative comment we enjoyed our stay at the place... and we have a good experience there... asidd from the moskitos
We loved tooo the breakfast at the room which is served hot in the room....

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Rami R
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Rami R.,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Malisa Villa Suites Phuket. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your honeymoon with us, especially our friendly staff and our fantastic invilla breakfast. we are very glad that you will stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Jeonju, Jeollabuk-do, South Korea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

My husband, one year old daughter, and I just stayed seven nights. This is my second stay. My first stay two years ago was luxurious. The grounds were still new and it was very exciting. My second trip back, I was a bit disappointed in the wear and tear of the rooms. The wood is tarnished, the pools need to be cleaned daily, the air conditioner didn't seem to get cool enough, and the doors no longer match up for a tight close making it easy for little critters to enter. It is a short walk to the beautiful Kata beach and has all the amenities of a five star hotel. Room service is easy and convenient since you have a dining room table. I think the deal breaker for me was a $50 charge for a collect call to my country. I still don't understand why I have to pay 3 bucks a minute for a call that is free to the hotel. I also had an issue with them calling me a taxi to the airport when I specifically asked the hotel to drive me. It was a sour end to a beautiful trip. The car smelled and made noises. The final problem was the staff misunderstanding me. I asked for salt and pepper and was brought soap and napkins. I'm not sure how that happened.

On a brighter note, the bed was super comfy and the food was delicious. The villas are beautiful and convenient. The spa was amazing and definitely worth the $120 for scrub, facial, and massage. The $10 massages you get on the street may feel good, but they are not professionals. I'm pregnant and the masseur knew exactly how to accommodate me. On arrival, we received some coupons for the spa and the restaurant. This we took full advantage of and it gave us the extra push to try the hotels amenities.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Jasmine T
Dear Mrs. Jasmin T.,

Thank you for your positive Review. We will forward your comments to our employees. Regarding the Villa and our services. We do constantly renovate room by room. So we will be happy to present you a different room upon your next visit.

Kindly regards,
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Spent 3 nights here in August, book a pool villa.
Our villa was perfect and having our own pool was fabulous for a late night dip. All the staff are do friendly and happy to help. We ate in the restaurant for lunch most days and had evening meal 3 or 4 times, the quality was outstanding on all occassions. Yes it's slightly more expensive than the restaurants down the street.

breakfast was great too with plenty of choice.

Many thanks will visit again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nitin1804
Dear Mr.and Mrs. Nitin,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback after your stay at our resort. We are happy to hear that your appreciated your stay, especially the very friendly staff, fantastic lunch, dinner and great invilla breakfast. Thank you again for booking us. Looking forward to your soon return visit.