I always use trip advisor for recommendations and believed Malisa villas would be an ideal place for two burnt out work junkies. Dissapointed to say the least. I arrived a day earlier than my husband which is just as well as I think he would have blown a fuse. The bedroom was full of Mosquitos (no plug ins) when I complained they sent a member of staff to spray the room who just thought it was hilarious. The bed was extremely hard and the bedding had seen better days. After an uncomfortable night with more biting visitors the staff came to 'cook' breakfast. I had ordered poached eggs and sausages. The eggs were boiled , never mind, until I cracked the shell and found they were both uncooked. The villa I had been put in did not get much sun, which was the whole point of booking theMalisa villas , for privacy and peace and quiet and not having to hike to the beach. The loungers were the teak steamers, great if it had a cushion on like 5*hotels have (which Malisa Villas claims to be) The beach towels weren't much bigger than a tea towel and well worn. The kitchenette area was very smelly and grubby, and the furniture in the villa was covered in ring marks. The whole villa seemed tired and certainly not even a 3* standard. When I told them I was checking out I was bombarded with staff knocking on the door. The receptionist then told me they were not prepared to give a full refund and wanted 3 days payment. I asked if they could order a taxi for me to take me to The Royal Yacht club where we have stayed in the past (A very high standard as usual) But the staff from Malisa villas drove me there at an extortionate rate, at this stage I would have paid anything to get out of there. The staff at Malisa villas seem young and inexperienced at giving good customer service. The resort is very badly run. I must appear to be whinging on but we travel all over the world and I have to say this has been the worst place i have been unfortunate to stay in, even one night was too long.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Malisa Villa Suites serves private pool villas as the perfect hideaway for couples at Kata Beach on Phuket Island with 41 well-designed individual villas, each with its own private pool that leaves you totally undistracted and showcases the comfort of your stay.Offering a host of the finest attentive services, from in-villa service breakfast by the personal chefs, Malisa Signature Welcome, complimentary minibar with daily replenishment to relaxing spas and endless romantic dinner or BBQ dinner in your private villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Malisa Villa Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malisa Villa Hotel Kata Beach
- Malisa Hotel Kata
- Malisa Villa Suites Phuket/Kata Beach