Booked a specific Grand Pool Villa that we've stayed in for the previous 3 stays and this was confirmed. From arrival villa not available and given excuses about it being rain damaged and later let it slip that there was guests in it. Took 1.5 hours to check-in. Given smaller & substandard Grand Pool Villa- huge gaps & warping in the wooden doors and windows allowing mossies inside. Air-con was inadequate for the size of the villa and the many gaps around windows & doors- overnight temp in villa was 26 degrees. Outdoor area was stuffy & hot with little air movement due to the location of this villa and 1 fan not working and the other 2 being slow. Many fittings broken.
Next day eventually moved to the booked villa. Most things were working but this villa is looking much more than tired now and in need of a good renovation, repair and replacement of some fixtures.
Breakfast was of excellent standard as usual.
Some familiar staff- mainly in food service.
F & B, housekeeping, pool maintenance were pleasant and efficient. Ground staff were pleasant also. Reception staff left a lot to be desired re; service and attitude.
Air-con broke down. 1. Fixed in 1/2 hour. 2. Broke down in the afternoon- on our return at night it was repaired but the villa was left unlocked and unattended. 3. Not able to be quickly fixed, told 3-4 hours- 8 hours later at 10pm told unrepairable that night and move to another villa! Again directed to substandard villas.
Received turndown service 2 nights out of 10.
From check-in when I asked to speak with the GM (who handled our booking) I was given excuses that she was in a meeting, out, and finally overseas. Emails to GM went unanswered and a "P/A" responded. We've never heard so many sorries, so sorry: etc from an accommodation provider. Many excuses including new reception staff. Small compensation of a cheap bottle of wine given and later room service charges removed at my insistence.
We stayed 10 nights but should have left on day 1 when we 1st thought about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Malisa Villa Suites serves private pool villas as the perfect hideaway for couples at Kata Beach on Phuket Island with 41 well-designed individual villas, each with its own private pool that leaves you totally undistracted and showcases the comfort of your stay.Offering a host of the finest attentive services, from in-villa service breakfast by the personal chefs, Malisa Signature Welcome, complimentary minibar with daily replenishment to relaxing spas and endless romantic dinner or BBQ dinner in your private villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Malisa Villa Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malisa Villa Hotel Kata Beach
- Malisa Hotel Kata
- Malisa Villa Suites Phuket/Kata Beach