“Never again!!!”
Review of Kata Country House

Kata Country House
Ranked #35 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed there one night.
Beds dirty
Staff unfriendly
Location unsafe
No smiles
No help
No room safe but a reception safe which hotel tells you to put your valuable items there for security and they lock the safe at night. Hmmmmm

A place for party drunks. Not for family or kids.

Didn't sleep all night.

Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank Showtimetravel
There are newer reviews for Kata Country House

Reviewed April 2, 2014

you get what you pay for. i booked the basic room, at a very basic price. The room is spacious, bed is comfy, furniture old timer, but may be their theme is such. Bathroom basic. Hot shower working well. Thumbs up. location is pretty good. Between the Karon & Kata Beach. They give you bikes on rent- the hotel itself at market price. Thats a positive. has a fresh fruit stall right outside, another positive. Minimart within 50 mtrs range. Everything availaible. love the place. Nice to stay when you are a couple or even with family. The swimming pool is great. Clean Blue water. well maintained.
Rented a bike and drove around. within 2kms has manu food outlets. plenty of bars. and some high end dining outlets too. over all 4.5 out of 5.
Very reasonably priced.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 14, 2014

This is a cheap hotel and the rooms very basic. I stayed in a standard room which was large and decorated with mismatched 'and very dated' furniture. The room had a bit of a nasty smell. the bathroom was very basic, shower set beside toilet , curtain rings but no shower curtain. Bed and pillows hard, but that seems to be consistent in asia.
Had family members staying in a deluxe room which was not much better,
On a positive note: the breakfast served in the hotel restaurant at the front of the resort, was really good.The pool/s are great, with swim up bar and long coktail list on offer. there is a nice cafe next to the pool also. Staff were nice and very helpful arranging tours, taxis and checking out, there is a wrapping machine in reception for securing luggage when you are about to jet off. I asked for a kettle and cups which were brought to the room quickly and with a smile.
The entrance to the hotel and walk through to rooms and pools is lovely, very lush and gives a real tropical feel.
would not stay here again purely on the state of the rooms, but its cheap by comparison to hotels in the area so I guess it is a case of getting what you pay for.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Amazing hotel. As you drive down the alley to reception the feel is already with you and as you are escorted to you room through these amazing gardens the feel is with you to stay for the duration of your stay. We had 13 nights here and I would go back tomorrow. Perfect position amazing setting. We had room number 020 (two bedrooms) with a view across the lake, trees, flowers, magnificent bright pink water lilies. Who would believe we where in the very middle of busy Kata. Shops, restaurants,everything we needed as you step out of the front. You can even overlook the prison like wall erected around the Club Med. Beach absolutely stunning and an easy walk from the hotel. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful.A 5 out of 5 for us.Most guests where not English speaking which some guests may find off putting.

Room Tip: We started in room 12 which was not suitable to us. The staff moved us to room 20 the very next morn...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Margi_12
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I have stayed here a few times now, but not since the renovations started, seemed to take years to finish.
Maybe now that all that banging and so forth has stopped I might go back.
well that is if it's finished.
quite a pleasant looking place, It has a real thai feel as you enter, the deluxe rooms were next to each other, and you can hear whats going on next door, but not a problem.
the food was nice in the restaurant, but I just don't do breakfast anymore in these hotels,
I would prefer to eat out when I leave the hotel.
well it is a bit of a hike to the beach, not 5 minutes, but not 25, 2 reviews I read.
It might take a while because there are lots of shops and restaurants on the way.
I just hired a motorbike and went straight to the beach,
the cabins were pretty good, it was like my own little house I came home to every night.
well sometimes morning,
I think a lot of people have a few problems with staff in a lot of these reviews I have read,
I never have that problem, maybe because I spent a bit of time learning some thai,
I have seen them get upset when some people cannot speak english and expect them to know chinese russian swedish etc:
all in all this place is ok, for the price.
I am single and travel with my sister or daughter, I like to get a motorbike, easy only a few minutes to the beach, walking in the hot sun is for shoppers.

Room Tip: get a bungalow, if you like privacy, and a motorbike, if you don't like walking in the hot sun.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 30, 2013

The Kata Country House is a reasonably priced resort about 25 minutes walk from the beach. We got to see a cross section of the rooms available at the Kata, because we had to move room 3 times. I quickly add that we weren’t being pernickety or fussy, the rooms had genuine and significant issues. (Bad smells, faulty electrics, broken air-con etc...) Eventually we asked if we could pay extra to upgrade to a newer, better room. We were given a brand new room in an apartment block only just built and after that things were just fine.

The staff at the Kata were excellent, especially the reception manageress, who was super helpful and ever willing to make things better. All of the staff were attentive and polite and hard working. The buffet breakfast in the restaurant was very good, although the quality of the evening meals could be variable, depending on the pressure upon the (seemingly over-stretched) kitchen & waiting staff.

Summing up: Staff are excellent but accommodation could be better overall.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the newer rooms. They are significantly better than the older ones.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Nice enough, good size rooms nice décor, clean, average breakfast, lovely pool.
Great location as close to the beach as you can get for this price, close to shops restaurants etc... The hotel had a fairly good restaurant to. Down side the room had a musky, damp, mouldy smell including the bed linen. Which I asked to be aired but didn't help. I could smell the musty smell on our clothes after we left. I did not find the reception staff very helpful but thankfully didn't have much to do with them. There seems to be an issue with the toilet paper none in the room when we arrived and when I went to ask they sent someone to the room to check that I was telling the truth well that's how I felt, He even picked up my little roll as if to suggest I had toilet paper which I quickly pointed out was mine and not enough. On the last day we used our own paper again as it had run out and not been replaced, ticked off with that, Otherwise nice place.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
#49 of 56 in Kata Beach
Kata Poolside Resort
Kata Poolside Resort
#40 of 56 in Kata Beach

Been to Kata Country House? Share your experiences!