“Really recommend for professional & fun Scuba”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Phuket Scuba Club

Phuket Scuba Club
Ranked #6 of 13 Tours in Kata Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: PADI 5 Star Center specializing in diver education, daily dive tours, private charters and Liveaboard Cruises. Club is the emphasis of our operation. Personalised service, professional diver education and Divmaster services. We can also assist with arranging accommodation located closely to both of our shops in Kata and Karon.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Phuket
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Really recommend for professional & fun Scuba”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2008

if you are looking at doing Scuba in Kata Beach can totally recommend the Phuket Scuba Club.

My boyfriend did his openwater here and totally raved about this place - they were extremely professional. Would really recommend it for people who are a bit nervous about scuba diving and want to know that they are in good hands. This place is not full of jokers like i have seen elsewhere. They take Diving and the environment extremely seriously, but at the same time they are fun and down-to-earth.

I went out with them for one dive after by Boyfriend passed his open water and was really grateful for the extra time and patience they put in as i hadnt been diving for awhile.

3 Thank Elysium333

Bangkok
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Personal Service and Beach Dives - Club setting ideal if traveling alone!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2008

Phuket Scuba Club has is one of the longer established shops and in my opinion a great shop because the owners are there daily and very much involved in the management.

They call it Phuket Scuba Club for a reason, because it is a very friendly atmosphere and if you are traveling alone then this is ever better for you because there is always socialising with the owners, instructors and divemasters after the dives are after the sun goes down. Great way to meet other divers and some locals.

What is also great about Phuket Scuba club is that they have 2 locations, the shop in Kata Beach just opposite the beach and the Beach Shop directly on the south end of Karon Beach.

They organized a half day beach dive for me to Karon Rock. Even after many dives in the SImilan Islands I have to say that this was a great dive and I was really surprised that there was such a nice local house reef.

We did the dive from Kata Beach in a long Tail and it is one of the only house reefs that goes to the depth of 20 meters that is available in that area. What was also great about it was that there were no other divers there too.

I highly recommend this for someone who does not want to spend all day on a dive boat, perhaps a couple where one is a non diver.

Phuket Scuba Club run a great shop with very knowledgeable staff and I highly recommend them and also because they have been in Kata/Karon for so long the owners and staff are very helpful about general information in Phuket. Please PM me if you have any other questions.

MM

4 Thank Mustafa_BKK
Brisbane
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A top run operation - Not to be missed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2007

I did an introductory dive with Phuket Scuba Club in November and would highly recommend that if you have ever thought about doing it to seriously consider it.

From my initial enquiries with Chantal, who not only helped with my planning but invited me to join her family on social events while we were in Phuket, my entire experience was very good.

Joel was the great young guy who I had the privilage of spending my lesson with. Joel was very fun yet extremely competant in what he does. Thanks so much Joel

Kevan and the other staff also made me feel so welcome even when silly me forgot what day it was in Phuket, no they were more than happy to reschedule me to fit in with my plans...Thanks guys. I believe I have made some good friends in Phuket!

I can't wait to come back next year to do my full course.

Check out their web site and you can even read Chantal's blog with further information.

Ohh and if you don't get to dive, buy a tshirt! My hubby lives in his!!!

6 Thank dilligaft
Dublin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Phuket Scuba Diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2007

If anyone is travelling to Phuket and thinking about Diving dont think about it do it... IT WAS LIFE CHANGING!!
I completed my PADIE cert in Phuket 2 weeks ago and found the course AMAZING.

Chantel & Kevin run the phuket-scuba-club where I did my course, they are so helpful and informative about both diving, live aboards and also accomodation in the area to suit your budget. They offer loads of different courses and you dont have to do pre dives lessons in a swimming pool as there is a confined area just off the beach, from day one you get to see all sorts of tropical fish!! The courses are very competitively priced and Marco, my tutor, was so sweet & patient and above all an excellent tutor. All the tutors are qualified unlike some of the other dive schools in the area so If you get a chance give it a go.

Best of luck.....