“Amazing time - quality shop”
Review of Phuket Scuba Club

Phuket Scuba Club
Ranked #6 of 13 Tours in Kata Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: PADI 5 Star Center specializing in diver education, daily dive tours, private charters and Liveaboard Cruises. Club is the emphasis of our operation. Personalised service, professional diver education and Divmaster services. We can also assist with arranging accommodation located closely to both of our shops in Kata and Karon.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Kirkland
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Amazing time - quality shop”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Loved my 3 dive day with Phuket Scuba Club. they are very knowledgeable and friendly, but most important stressing safety first. I did 3 different dives and felt taken care of on each one.
Ian was my dive master and was great to dive with. He certainly made sure I was comfortable , safe and had a good time. The lunch aboard the boat was great. Kevin and Chantel we very welcoming and ensured I had everything I needed and were genuinely interested in how my dives went. If you want to get certified , take a day trip or a live aboard ( as about 'The Junk' ) ....can't recommend them enough.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Jim G

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Not my first time with these guys and it won't be my last!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I did my scuba diver certificate with Phuket Scuba Club a couple of years ago and found them to be a very professional, well run and friendly company. Now back for my second visit to the island, I of course wanted to do more diving, so again went through these guys and I was not disappointed! They will definitely be my first port of call on my next visit to Phuket!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank nickersx3
Edmonton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Funnest bucket list item to date!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Got a chance to meet Chantal and Kevan on our first night in Kata Beach. My wife and I had always wanted to learn how to scuba dive and Kevan sat down and sold the sport to us at 7pm in the evening! He is clearly seasoned in the sport and was very knowledgeable and encouraging. We signed up for the PADI Scuba Diver certificate right then and there which started the next day. Our instructor, Lauren, was great! She was extremely patient and made all of the exercises fun and easy to pick up. I wasn't the strongest swimmer so I was quite anxious but Lauren put both my wife and I at ease and the course went great. The in-pool work was done near the Scuba Club office and the open water dives were done in some incredible bays about an hour away. Both open water dives were kept fun and gave us a chance to practice our skills in the water. Lauren was an awesome instructor and we couldn't have chosen a better way to cross this off of our bucket lists!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank bananalion
melbourne
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Great day out”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Spent a day out at Racha Yai with Phuket Scuba Club. Went to Kata a couple of nights prior for equipment fitting etc - all good and professional. Pick up on time. In fact we kept them waiting thinking they might be a few minutes late!!
Went out on a relatively flat day with some sun. Perfect conditions!
One instructor per beginner scuba diver. Partner was diving, I was snorkelling. He had Lauren and she was great. Thorough, professional, friendly. And patient.
All on board had a good day.
Lunch was simple but tasty.
Will definitely be return visitors.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank gogirl123
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A flexible, safe and friendly way to get my Divemaster qualification”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

For years I have been saying I would like to get my Divemaster; not so much to work in the industry but to improve my skills and knowledge. I know some people have done their divemaster in 8 -10 days but I didn't want to do this quick and just tick the boxes, I wanted to do it well and learn the skills to make be a better diver, maybe do a bit of divemastering working holidays and be equipped to handle an emergency situation if I should ever be unlucky enough to be near one.

So I contacted Chantal and Kevan who own Phuket Scuba Club and told them I wanted to do my Divemaster but I would have to break for a week or so due to meetings in Singapore then continue and I could only do it in the low season.

Not a problem! They were able to ensure the programme was rigourous, that I was able to work with a number of instructors (with one overall lead) to experience different styles and also get a lot of hands on experience assisting various situations. The off season meant the weather was unpredictable but they would flex each day to fit the weather and the experiences I needed to get or improve. In the end I left with my Divemaster qualification and feeling confident with it.

A big thanks to Kevan and Chantal and particularly to Lauryn and Steve, 2 fantastic dive instructors. I would recommend all of them!

Visited June 2013