“Snorkelling is also offered!”
Review of Phuket Scuba Club

Phuket Scuba Club
Ranked #5 of 16 Tours in Kata Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: PADI 5 Star Center specializing in diver education, daily dive tours, private charters and Liveaboard Cruises. Club is the emphasis of our operation. Personalised service, professional diver education and Divmaster services. We can also assist with arranging accommodation located closely to both of our shops in Kata and Karon.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Mr Mitch and I are not divers, but I love to snorkel. As Mr Mitch was feeling a little worse for wear after a golden pass to Bangla Road (surprise, surprise) so he laid on a sunbed and recharged. I was lucky enough to go for an excellent hour snorkelling with Alex [training to be a dive master]! It was an awesome afternoon.

If you like your snorkelling off the beach, the southern end of Karon is a great place. I saw some fabulous things, even if you discount the zillions of fishes and huge purple starfish that you do tend to get a bit blasé about as they are everywhere, but seeing a large moray eel, 2 honeycomb moray eels, a giant puffer fish and a crown of thorns starfish was fabulous.

Afterwards needed a hot cup of coffee after that lot, my fingers were all white and pruned!

So, this is the place to snorkel!

4  Thank TravellingMitch
"rescue diver course"
"richelieu rock"
"racha yai"
in 14 reviews
"padi open water certification"
"similan islands"
in 9 reviews
"would highly recommend this place"
"shark point"
"lion fish"
"my partner"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We made the right choice when picked Phuket Scuba Club dive center.

We arrived in Phuket on 4 March on Monday and had not planned our dives in advance. So searched Internet and came accross with this dive center with very good feedbacks on Tripadvisor. Left a message. Next morning we tried two dive centers close to our hotel, but one had only dive instructor, who could not provide all the information we needed, and the other had no English speaking people. So we decided to come straight to this dive center and did the right thing. Chantal was great. She gave all the information in details and gave us recommendations with regard to which dive cruise to choose (in the evening I checked e-mail and was very happy to see the e-mail with full details from Chantal). Then we did shore diving with Florie. She was a gem. We enjoyed diving with her a lot. She reminded us a lot of little things that we forgot and tried to show every single fish/creature while diving. She was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this dive center to anyone who comes to Phuket for diving.

2  Thank Banushka A
Reviewed March 6, 2013

My group would like thank Kev and Chantal for setting us up with 19 great dives...
Also Thank Jonathan for the Nitox Course and the 2 shore dives at the house reef...
Nick for his excellent guides at KDM, King Cruiser and Shark Point... (lets not forget the burgers and chocolate chocolate chocolate bannana splits)
and of course Dragos for his excellent guiding as well at Phi Phi and Shark point...
We all look forward to heading back that way someday... and if any of you ever want to dive in Taiwan just let me know... we'll help you out just the same....

4  Thank Buck-8888
Ring0, Owner at Phuket Scuba Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

So pleased that you enjoyed your diving here. The team thoroughly enjoyed their dives with you guys and it was a pleasure meeting you all.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the club and we certainly hope to see you back here again someday soon. Who knows perhaps we will visit you in Taiwan before. :-)

Also we loved your video that you took of the Octopus recently. Awesome!

Take care an wishing you many more happy dives.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We traveled to Phuket at the end of a month of backpacking with no intent on staying. After a quick Google search we found Phuket Scuba Club and had a cab take us there from the airport. Our plan was to get some information on where to dive and finish our trip island hopping in southern Thailand. The owners Kev & Chantal quickly changed that. They're incredibly knowledge and honest, and after learning more about our diving experience and what we were looking to do they booked us on a liveaboard dive boat.

That alone was the best diving experience I've ever had and would highly recommend it, but I'd say the greatest experience of our visit was the Club itself. We had a few days to kill before our dive boat departed and Kev had made some phone calls setting us up at a couple hotels around Phuket. We found ourselves over the course of the stay continuing to just stop by the shop to see what was going on, grabbing beers with Kev, Chantal and other visiting divers in the evenings, and generally getting to know a fantastic group of people on the island. The Club was a true community of people visiting or living on the island who all shared a common interest. They had even put us in touch with a doctor once we got back as my travel mate had gotten a bad ear infection.

After a month of wandering around South East Asia it was nice to be somewhere that felt like home even if it was for a week. Whenever my travels bring me back to Thailand, I'll be heading right back here. Kev & Chantal are fantastic people and you owe yourself a visit to their shop.

5  Thank nionita