“Great diving instructor”
Review of Phuket Scuba Club

Phuket Scuba Club
Ranked #6 of 13 Tours in Kata Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: PADI 5 Star Center specializing in diver education, daily dive tours, private charters and Liveaboard Cruises. Club is the emphasis of our operation. Personalised service, professional diver education and Divmaster services. We can also assist with arranging accommodation located closely to both of our shops in Kata and Karon.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Usually I don’t spend the time to write reviews. My experience with Phuket Scuba Club was great, therefore I make an exception. My plan was to finish the PADI OWD in tropical waters at Kata Beach. I had completed the academics and the pool-training earlier at my local PADI dive centre in Austria and a referral form had been issued.
Coordinating with Chantal through email correspondence worked well and she was very fast in answering my questions. My highlights were two great days of diving with Dragos, who is really enthusiastic about diving! Thank you so much!

2  Thank bbrauner
There are newer reviews for Phuket Scuba Club

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Recently while working in Oslo Norway, a colleague of mine that if I was going
to Thailand, I should take an PADI open water diving course with Chantal & Kevan's
at Phuket Scuba Club.
Well I did just that & completed the course and got certified as an open water Scuba
diver.
The service they provided was simply outstanding, my instructors both Jonathan &
especially Dragos were great tutors both in the water & out of the water.
The Scuba gear they provided was first class.
Socially they have a very relaxed atmosphere at the club, one can dive from the
beach out to Karon Reef or take various boat trips from there.
A truly truly first class experience with Chantal & Kevan at Phuket Scuba Club.
Anybody who would like to Scuba Dive the I would highly recommend this place,
it will be for you a truly fabulous experience.

John Cremin
Douglas
Cork City
Ireland

3  Thank John_CCork
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I travel for diving... a lot... and each have several hundred dives logged. Getting to the point: Chantal and Kevan provided a level of customer service I have rarely experienced in all of my travels. From the first inquiry email response (within a few short hours), to fielding numerous questions, to meeting us at the shop and welcoming us to Phuket in general, to setting up some of my friends with a Discover Scuba experience, to putting us on some outstanding dive sites, they bent over backwards to ensure we had a great experience. We felt we were in good hands from start to finish.

I also have to give huge kudos to their instructor, Dragos, who did the Discover Scuba session for my friends and their 2 daughters... he was attentive, thorough, careful, and also used great humor. Gear had been assembled and readied in advance, and the entire thing was thorough but also efficient, and made as accessible and friendly as possible. My friends are now eager to take their open water course!

We enjoyed our diving with Phuket Scuba Club and I would contact them again on future travel to Phuket. The boat diving sites were outstanding. The boat operation with which they contract is well run and they put you "on the money" for dive sites, had ample and delicious food, and friendly DMs. Do be prepared for large groups (20+).

Chantal and Kevan are welcoming, warm, and friendly folks who know Phuket regional diving well. They go out of their way to make you feel welcome, including showing you some great spots to grab a meal and other helpful hints to make the stay in Phuket a good one. Knowing we were there away from family for Christmas, they even invited us over for their holiday get-together... now THAT really is above-and-beyond service. Thanks for a great dive holiday!

1  Thank laurynn e
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Juanita, my wife, and I are both PADI instructors and were looking for a casual dive whilst in Phuket this week. We had contacted Chantal before we left South Africa, she was brilliant and answered all our questions. when we arrived we were given ten star treatment, the gear was fantastic and really well maintained.The diving is awesome and they are well located on Karon beach for a walk in entry as well as offering day trips and liveaboards.

Their instructors are really great and cover a number of different languages, we always felt at home and really well looked after.

We ended up having dinner with them at the Loi Krathong festival, it felt like we had known Kevan and Chantal for years but it had been a few days. The perfect home away from home dive centre for a casual dive or to learn to dive or continuing dive education.

Thanks a million guys, we'll drop by and say cheers in the next day or two!!!!

2  Thank Narcedat60m
Ring0, Owner at Phuket Scuba Club, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

It was great meeting you both and thank you for coming to dive with us. It was wonderful sharing our favourite festival - Loy Kratong - with you guys. Also thank you so much for helping to clean our Karon House Reef. We did another huge clean up a couple of days ago and it looks brand spanking new.

Look forward to seeing you both again next year. :-)

Reviewed November 28, 2012

It was a great experience we had with Phuket Scuba Club! Had been coordinating with Chantal through email correspondence and she is fast in response in answering my enquiries. When we touched down Phuket, everything was already arranged nicely. We have Kevan picking us up from our hotel to the dive centre in Karon and sending us back after we are done for the day. Same goes to the second day. Everything was smooth sailing and we enjoyed our experience with them so much! Big thanks to Chantal and Kevan for the arrangement and wonderful times with Alexia and Dragos for being such great and lovely instructors in guiding me along through my OWD! Thank you!

2  Thank Kallise
Ring0, Owner at Phuket Scuba Club, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Somehow we seem to get the best people diving with us and you certainly are one of them. We thoroughly enjoyed meeting you and your partner and according to Alexia and Dragos you are a total waterbaby. Alexia was particularly impressed with your air consumption on your last 2 Open Water dives on the course.

Thank you so much for coming to dive with us. Also many thanks for taking the time to join TA and write a review about your experience with our dive club!

We have a strong feeling that you will be back soon again :-)