“Simply excellent!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Phuket Scuba Club

Phuket Scuba Club
Ranked #6 of 13 Tours in Kata Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: PADI 5 Star Gold Palm Resort specializing in diver education, daily dive tours, private charters and Liveaboard Cruises. Club is the emphasis of our operation. Personalised service, professional diver education and Divmaster services. We can also assist with arranging accommodation located closely to both of our shops in Kata and Karon.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Simply excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

Did a last minute booking for our Advance Open Water. Chantal was very accommodating to ensure that everything was well arranged. Per, our instructor was very kind and helpful. The sea was a bit choppy and having to read on the boat made me unwell. He had the patience of an angel in making sure that I was fit before every dive. After 2 days with Per and getting our AOW, I'm confident that we'll do well in our future dives. Chantal and Kevan gave us a great feeling of accomplishment when we all had a drink to celebrate our AOW. I don't usually give reviews, but this one was definitely something I had to do. It was simply excellent!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Cathss_D
, Owner at Phuket Scuba Club, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Congratulations on becoming a Happy PADI Advanced Diver :-) It was a pleasure meeting you and thank you so much for your great review here on Tripadvisor. We truly appreciate it!

Par is a great Instructor and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your course with him. Also thank you so much for coming to dive with us at the club and we hope to see you back here soon again.

Regards from all at the club and in the meantime wishing you some very enjoyable safe diving!

Elanora, Australia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

What a fantastic experience!

This was the highlight of our last trip to Phuket.

Being first time divers we were naturally a little nervous, but with the experience of all the professional diving instructors at Phuket Scuba Club we overcome our fears and had an absolute ball.

I would also like to thank Chantal and Kevan for their warm and friendly hospitality and assistance on helping us find a doctor for our son who was suffering from an ear problem from flying.

Without their assistance he wouldn't of been well enough to go diving at all, but thankfully the ear cleared up in time for at least one dive.

Since returning back to Australia our son has continued to dive every week, and has nearly completed his open water dive course, but can't wait to return to Phuket to explore other courses that are available with Phuket Scuba Club.

We did the Discover Scuba Diving course off Karon Beach and would definitely recommend anyone wanting to go scuba diving in Phuket to contact Chantal & Kevan at Phuket Scuba Club.

Not only is this club professionally run they make diving a fun experience.

1 Thank JPGB
, Owner at Phuket Scuba Club, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our dive club. It is because of people like you that we received a Certificate of Excellence with a lovely letter from Tripadvisor.

Otherwise it was wonderful meeting you guys and we are thrilled to hear that your son has continued with his diving. We will never forget the day he came up from his first dive - his smile said it all :-) This is what makes our job so rewarding!
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“One word - EXCELLENCE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

Its difficult to know where to start... Is it with the excellence in training, friendliness of staff, helpfulness of staff, awesome dive sites.. Having just returned from a fabulous trip in Phuket the highlight was gaining my open water and advanced scuba tickets with the wonderful people at Phuket Scuba Club. Kevin and Chantal are wonderful people who know the dive business inside and out. They and their staff made me feel comfortable and confident to go forward into the scuba world. My instructor Johnathan was knowledgeable, confident, fun and a fantastic teacher. I felt so secure and my entry into the underwater world could not have been better.
I completed my open water and moved onto my advanced with Carla who once again demonstrated excellence in instruction.
I cannot speak highly enough of Phiket Scuba Club and will definitely be returning to continue diving with them. I will also take my children with me to also experience the underwater world.
If you are going to Phuket look these guys up because Phuket Scuba Club is excellence!

7 Thank breakerbreaker
Ring0, Owner at Phuket Scuba Club, responded to this review, May 6, 2012
Thank you so much for the lovely review. It was tremendous meeting you and we enjoyed watching you become a more than competent scuba diver. Your enthusiasm was very gratifying.

Looking forward to seeing you again and to meeting your children. A very warm regards from all at the club.
Brisbane, Australia
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Another excellent experience - 100% perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

OK.....so I'm a fan of PSC (3 reviews). Found them on Tripadviser over 4 years ago and 3 days ago completed the Padi Rescue Cert with them.
Reflecting on the course, day trips and beach dives over the last week I realised that the club continues to evolve for the better of thier guests (more fun) while maintaining strict training and safety standards. All dives were fantastic with the guides putting us on the right spots even if vis was crappy, gear of the highest standards and no heart attack when I got the final bill.
Thanks again PSC for making a good holiday great, for your hospitality, shout out to Carla for the training and the accent!
GPC

1 Thank GiantPaperClip
Ring0, Owner at Phuket Scuba Club, responded to this review, May 6, 2012
It was awesome seeing you again and thank you so much for coming back to dive with the club! Also thank you for the lovely review.

It gives us great pleasure to see people come back to dive with us. Hugs from all :-)
Geneva
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great experience, friendly and very professional staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

My two sons (13 & 16) and I greatly enjoyed to complete the PADI Open Water Diver course at the Phuket Scuba Club in April 2012 ; the team was very nice, relaxed and professional at the same time, and our personal instructor Alexia was especially great to achieve this fine balance ; we started our first dives from the beach in Karon, followed by a day boat trip in Racha Yai island. We will definitely come back for our next dives in Phuket.

2 Thank Catherine B