“Fancy snokelling. . .” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Phuket Scuba Club

Phuket Scuba Club
Ranked #6 of 13 Tours in Kata Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: PADI 5 Star Gold Palm Resort specializing in diver education, daily dive tours, private charters and Liveaboard Cruises. Club is the emphasis of our operation. Personalised service, professional diver education and Divmaster services. We can also assist with arranging accommodation located closely to both of our shops in Kata and Karon.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Norfolk, United Kingdom
123 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 427 helpful votes
“Fancy snokelling. . .”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

Everyone worries about snorkelling, and whilst not a scuba addict, we find that heading to Phuket Scuba club at the south end of Karon Beach gives you the access to some lovely sights underwater with a snorkel . . . they will hire out the gear and give helpful advice on what there is to see on the home reef.

If you want to snorkel then head here!

Chatting to the staff they also do scuba intro courses and some awesome diving (saw some photos)

3 Thank TravellingMitch
Ring0, Owner at Phuket Scuba Club, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
It was great seeing you Guys again Travellingmitch...pleased that you managed to get your gills wet again. I think next time we will manage to convince you to do a Discover Scuba Diving programme :-)

Take care and thanks for your lovely review.

Hugs from all at the club!

Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“We are not divers, but wanted great snorkelling . . .”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

we read about the little shop on Karon beach on TA, so we went along to hire some snorkelling stuff, as we love snorkelling off the beach.

WOW!

Lovely people, lovely snorkelling.

Glad we went!

2 Thank fastandloose
Brisbane, Australia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“What a great bunch of people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2012

My partner and I got our Open Water PADI certification with Phil over a four day period. All the instructors are laid back ; however, they make sure you know how to do everything for your diving. The Beach at Karon South is so picturesque and being underwater just adds to the magic. I would recommend these guys anyday. Thanks Chantal, Kevan, Jonathan, Dragos and Phil

3 Thank Clarissa1461
Stockholm, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“They did it again - just excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

My daughter and I (12y) are diving enthusiasts from Sweden and have become very good friends with Kevan, Chantal and the rest of the staff at Phuket Scuba Club. And this time, they were as friendly and professional as always! Simply world class. This time we spent our first week in Kata Beach diving from the beach and doing daytrips from Chalong pier. The second week, Phuket Scuba Club booked us on a wonderful liveaboard on “the Junk”, cruising the Similan and Surin islands including Richelieu Rock and Koh Bon. What a trip! Amazing diving, great staff and the best food you can imagine. We have already started to plan for the next diving trip to Phuket Scuba Club.

2 Thank Bosse61
Ring0, Owner at Phuket Scuba Club, responded to this review, January 31, 2012
Thanks for your lovely review and it was only a pleasure to have you both diving with the club again. Also many thanks for sharing your stunning photos!

Take care and hope to see you both soon again ;-)
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Leagues above the rest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

Phuket Scuba Club were amazing throughout my stay in Phuket, so much that I ended up diving and spending more time underwater than I had anticipated.

From my first refresher dive off the shore to the 3day/2day Similian Islands boat trip organised and luxury day trips, the club provided me with endless information, support and the best instructors that I have met to date.

I would very much like to thank Kevan, Chantal and the club for so making me feel so welcome and providing me with so much professionalism and care over my 4 week trip.

All the instructors are well versed with the local and harder to reach sites, but the enthusiasm and attention to detail to the specific habitants of the diverse marine ecosystem was outstanding: from the location of the smallest juvenile fish to a whole clan of mating cuttlefish by night.

The club is positively passionate about every aspect of diving and each dive was fun, stress-free, informative and inspiring.

Having dived in different parts of the globe over many years, Phuket Scuba Club definitely is leagues above the rest and I would highly recommend them.

4 Thank Jasmine B