We recently had two rooms - a superior and garden suite (I think) - for our family of 5. Both rooms were great. Well decorated, plenty of room. Nice furniture etc. Resort grounds are perfect and give the rooms/resort a sense of privacy.
The hill leading up to the resort is not that bad. Yes, it's steep. But, it's easily walkable. That said, the hotel offers taxi service. We only had one taxi ride back to the resort where the driver couldn't (didn't even try) to make it up the hill. The trade-off on being atop the hill is that you get a better view. Overall, we liked the location because it was away from the crowded beachfront roads.
Service was fine and about what you would expect. Everyone was pleasant and as helpful as they could be. Language wasn't too much of a barrier. Breakfast was adequate.
Overall, I'd definitely recommend BVR to anyone looking to stay in this area. For the price, it can't be beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boomerang Village Resort Phuket. Surrounded by greenery and colorful environment characteristic of the island of Phuket, an oasis proper. Virtually dipped in the nature of a tropical garden. The property boasts panoramic views of Kata and is located approximately 80 metres above sea level, is situated about 950 meters from the lovely Kata Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Boomerang Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boomerang Village Hotel Kata Beach
- Boomerang Village Resort Phuket/Kata Beach