The place is overly decorated – which calls for many hours put into keeping the place. We would recommend that instead Boomerang spend more hours on being attentive to the guests (and on English lessons). It seemed somewhat facade/keeping up appearances, rather than real value for money.
LENGTH OF STAY: We stayed in a Pool Suite for two weeks. A few days would have been more than enough.
THE GROUNDS: On the nice side you have the pool almost to yourself. It's never crowded. But there is so much going on all the time – the fountains/sprinklers on the poolside are on 24/7 (or it seems like), there’s the ongoing ‘climpering of’ music in the loud speakers around the pool and the loud cleaning of the restaurant and the grounds around it. The hill was ok for us. We were given a pool suite on the ground floor. No view, but it was ok for us, since it made logistics easier travelling with a 4-month old. The baby-pool was being renovated – and we were not told ahead.
ENGLISH: Only a handful of the staff members actually speak English. The rest seems puzzled at most of what you say – even the staff at the restaurant and some in the reception. It resulted in too many misunderstandings.
BREAKFAST: Speaking of the restaurant – the breakfast was disappointing.
CLEANING: The maids were sweet, attentive and very proper. However we could not figure out app. what time of day, they would do the room. And we would never know from day to day – even if we asked. It would have been nice, since we tried to coordinate it with our sons (4 months) naps in the room.
PRICE: The price is actually ok for Kata – but we would stay closer to ‘the action’ if we would ever go back to Kata. And we would go for a hotel with a more warm atmosphere, rather than the ‘keeping up appearances-feeling’ we were left with.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boomerang Village Resort Phuket. Surrounded by greenery and colorful environment characteristic of the island of Phuket, an oasis proper. Virtually dipped in the nature of a tropical garden. The property boasts panoramic views of Kata and is located approximately 80 metres above sea level, is situated about 950 meters from the lovely Kata Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Boomerang Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boomerang Village Hotel Kata Beach
- Boomerang Village Resort Phuket/Kata Beach