We stayed at the Boomerang for 3 nights in January 2013.
The drive that leads up to Boomerang is pretty steep however, despite being fit we used the free taxi service to and from the beach during the day and at night the hotel will provide a taxi service to anywhere you wish, at a cost.
There is a security guard who operates during the evening, he is lovely.
If you ask for a wake up call, the security guard knocks on your door and will not stop until you wake up! We found this very amusing, however, it worked!
The reception staff are very helpful and lovely too and most speak very good english. Very helpful young lady and gentlemen but I do not remeber their names.
Everything goes on your bill, no cash exchanged. You pay when you leave.
The rooms are lovely, very traditional. Make sure you take insect repellant though, I got bit quite a few times as the hotel is surrounded by greenery.
The pool is lovely. Very clean and lovely to cool off as it was extremly hot in Kata.
The computers and ipads were great and free to use.
Breakfast was great. Very large selection and the staff are lovely.
We didnt eat at the restaurant on an evening as there are lots of restuarants to eat at in Kata.
We would definately recommend Two Chefs.
Kata beach is stunning and Boomerang have their own little area. If you want drinks though, water can set you back around 40baht, however, if you buy from the shop in advance you pay around 7 baht.
Like the previous person said, if you want to be right in the centre of the action, then it probably isn’t for you. In the town, there is Elvis and Abba impersonators etc, it wasnt lively enough for us, so we just went to different towns for the evening ie Karon and Patong.
Overall, would highly recommend, especially to families and couples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boomerang Village Resort Phuket. Surrounded by greenery and colorful environment characteristic of the island of Phuket, an oasis proper. Virtually dipped in the nature of a tropical garden. The property boasts panoramic views of Kata and is located approximately 80 metres above sea level, is situated about 950 meters from the lovely Kata Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Boomerang Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boomerang Village Hotel Kata Beach
- Boomerang Village Resort Phuket/Kata Beach