We were booked into another hotel in Karon and decided to stay less nights there and 2 nights in the Aspasia Hotel.
The hotel is beautifully located on a hill overlooking Kata beach. The reception area and whole hotel is of interesting architecture and design, which we liked. We were shown to our rooms which blew us away. The rooms were massive and we were booked into the top floor sea view room at the end of one of the hotel's wings. The room is extremely spacious with a big balcony with a wonderful view accross the bay. Full height glass sliding folding doors can open completely to the balcony. The room was very clean and it was nice to have such a big spacious room with everything we needed. One thing in the room that we didn't like was the interleading door, as on the second day people moved into the room next to us and we could hear all their movements. But still this did not detere from our experience at the hotel.
The rest of the hotel is very nice. The first evening we decided to eat at the hotel's restaurant and, as we were the only people in the restaurant, got good service and the food was very nice. It was a bit expensive, but we wanted to eat a decent meal. We had starters and for mains had crayfish which was wonderful. We also booked a 2 hour combo massage for a couple. This was probably the highlight of our stay at the hotel. The spa itself was wonderful and the massage made us totally relax. An hour body-scrub followed by an hour massage. We felt like jelly afterwards.
The walk from the hotel to Kata beach is a bit treacherous. They can actually do something about it, as it is next to a stream which is littered and not smelling very nice.
But all in all we enjoyed our stay at the hotel thoroughly and would recommend it to anyone. That said it is definitely not 5 star, so don't expect that. Maybe there are better hotels in the vicinity?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently created in the south of the island of Phuket, The Aspasia is a stylish boutique resort reflecting an unusual retro-deco design with hints of Mayan style architecture. The muted yellow and green hues of the buildings blend exotically with the colours of the lush forest that sweeps down to Kata Beach. Each secluded apartment has stunning sea views, and guests only have a two minute walk to the white, sandy beach below.With the accent firmly lying on tranquility, comfort and contemporary style, The Aspasia Phuket offers a choice of superior accommodation and facilities that includes restaurant, a wine and cigar shop, two swimming pools, a gymnasium, business centre, meeting room, high-speed wireless Internet access and spa. Original paintings and antiques are displayed in the spa, restaurant and lobby, complementing the style of decor. There is easy access between the twelve buildings and facilities forming the resort. The property is set amongst beautifully landscaped gardens, filled with colourful tropical planting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Aspasia Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Aspasia Phuket Hotel Kata Beach
- Aspasia Phuket Kata
- Aspasia Phuket Hotel Kata
- The Aspasia Phuket Kata Beach