We have just returned from 11 nights at Kata Thani, it was wonderful.
This isn't going to be a high energy report of going here and there but a report for the relaxers of the world.
Kata Thani is a clean, comfortable (luxurious), efficient, friendly, well appointed and relaxing hotel. We stayed in a junior suite, plenty of room, massive bed, efficient air conditioning, bath with a view over the good size balcony. Storage more than adequate for 2 people includign cases out of the way, safe, mini bar and coffee/tea and of course the daily bottled water.
Each evening beach towels are delivered to your room with the obligatory flower on them (everything comes with a flower), oh and he sprayed the room with mostiquo spray.
Typical day - breakfast 9.30 - 10.00 (anything from curry to croissant, how do you like your eggs? sliced tropical fruit to die for); off to the sun loungers in the ample grounds under the palm trees, pool beds had the German AND RUSSIAN towel syndrome but because of the bulk of the beds they were immoveable; after basting all over move into the shade for a nap; into the pool but preferably the sea (100 yds max), like a tepid bath; after half an hour or so back to the lounger; maybe a massage from the girls wandering the ground, 300 bahts; time for a beer, hotel bar 140 bahts, beach bar (50 yds max) 60 bahts Singah, 50 bahts Chang, coke 30 bahts; at the end of this hectic day off to the hotel beach bar for happy hour at 5.30 for all cocktails 100 bahts; back for a shower and then off out to Kata Beach for a meal.
I should mention we went for a family wedding and the Kata Thani did it superbly. The couple's room was decorated with flowers (petal hearts on the bed, garlands etc, flowered arches onto the beach), crowned by a baby elephant to present a posy to the bride.
More posts on prices and surrounding area to follow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resting along 850 meters of unspoiled white sandy beach, embraced by lush green hills and sparkling blue ocean, Katathani Phuket Beach Resort recalls a tropical dream. Warm sands, the soft rhythm of lapping waves, and gently swaying coconut palms relax your senses—while our six swimming pools, six restaurants, and full-service spa delight them. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Katathani Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Katathani Phuket Beach Hotel Kata Beach
- Katathani Phuket Beach Kata
- Katathani Beach Resort
- Katathani Phuket Beach Resort Kata Beach