Staff very friendly and always willing to help.
Definitely stay in the Thani wing esp Andaman,Pacific or Ocean (the best) wing.Ask for room on the higher floor.
Taxi, tuk tuk to Patong=500baht, Kata centre=200baht, Kata beach=150baht each way outside hotel and will not bargain.
Hotel provide shuttle service to Patong (dep 20:30 ret 23:00) and Phuket city (dep 13:00 ret 16:00) 150baht pp return. Good price but not enough time in Patong. Forget about Phuket city - waste of time and take care as bus drops you off at one of two stops and if you choose the city centre you will be approached by taxi service run by the shuttle service who will charge 60baht to escort you to tourist traps!!!!!!!!!!!!
Only tried their Thai restaurant and had the best Green curry.
Beach was gorgeous best Ive seen and been to Mauritius, Dubai and Goa but signs were up to care for the Jellyfish and there were loads so no one swam in the sea which is a shame as we picked the Katathani for its on the beach .
Great pools but make sure you put your towel out early (06:30ish)or you wont get lounger. On the beach they charge for 200baht for the day for a couple. Drinks are cheaper on the beach soft drink 30baht as oppose to 100baht on resort.
Have a massage while you relax 250-350baht (20-30 mins for a foot massage)-great deal.
Upgraded from Bhuri to Thani wing in a junior suite(2000baht/night) well worth it for the view and centre of all the action but room could do with a lick of paint.
Take note this is huge resort and at breakfast (ok but no variety-after a few days got fed up fed with the same food) best to arrive no later than 08:30 or you will have to wait to be seated.
Kids (poss. from the Bhuri wing) using the pools in the Thani area can spoil the traquility so not a resort for couples looking for a peaceful break.
Vast resort so no way can the staff give everyone one to one attention. Rooms needs upgrading. Hotel if staying in Thani wing is on the beach but if cant swim due to jellyfish or choppy waves would you book it? Definetely not a 5* resort more of a good 4* resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resting along 850 meters of unspoiled white sandy beach, embraced by lush green hills and sparkling blue ocean, Katathani Phuket Beach Resort recalls a tropical dream. Warm sands, the soft rhythm of lapping waves, and gently swaying coconut palms relax your senses—while our six swimming pools, six restaurants, and full-service spa delight them. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Katathani Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Katathani Phuket Beach Hotel Kata Beach
- Katathani Phuket Beach Kata
- Katathani Beach Resort
- Katathani Phuket Beach Resort Kata Beach