We stayed here (a group of 4 girls, 2 from Australia and 2 for UK) in beginning of June 2012. Unfortunately we were very unlucky with the weather tagging onto the tail end of a typhoon from China! However it did not dampen our moods :-)
The 2 Oz girls organised their airport transfer from the airport, I think they paid to get on a shuttle bus that stopped at a few hotels around Patong, Karon and Kata. Myself and my fellow UK companion opted to organise our transfer direct with the hotel. No complaints, we were met at the aiport and taken to the hotel in a lovely air conditioned car with cold water for us and cool face towels to freshen up with, great touch after a long journey.
The hotel itself is very well run and very well kept. Our rooms (Junior Suites - ocean front) were immacualte with a fantastic view of the sea and very much away from the main areas of the hotel. Breakfast was excellent, plenty of choice. We occasionally had lunch by the pool area but went out into town for dinners.
there's a great Thai restaurant opposite hotel to the right, we were eating tons and having carafes of wine and working out to be £6 each!! Food was excellent, it became a regular eating place for us.
Due to the weather there was NOTHING to do at the hotel which is probably the only fault I can add about it's facilities. We were just entering the monsoon season and I was suprised to find no activities organised to do in the hotel itself for rainy days. Many guests felt they didn't want to leave the hotel due to the rain - to give you an idea, it was like a river running down the road outside the hotel over a foot in depth so to a certain extent very much stuck inside. I was thinking if I had been with my husband and children that we would have been very much hotel bound with nothing to do so just an observation.
As we were on a girlie trip it wasn't really much of an issue, we occupied ourselves in the bars, well stocked and great service and we did venture out in the bad weather. The hotel managed to get a truck to take us out, perfect with the river running through the road so we wouldn't get stuck and we ventured into Patong and the various markets and shopping centres. All was not lost!
Great bargains out in the markets and shops and fantastic spa treatments, massages etc.
Liked the fact you could always agree price of Tuk Tuks and taxi before heading off and travel around the area was so cheap.
My first time to Thailand and was overall very impressed. Can't beleive how cheap it was to eat and drink, even the hotel prices which were dearer were still way cheaper than anything we would pay for in London.
Already recommended this hotel to a friend who is actually there right now! Well jealous. she has gone as a family so will be interested to hear how she found it with her kids.
Overall great break with the girls, would def stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resting along 850 meters of unspoiled white sandy beach, embraced by lush green hills and sparkling blue ocean, Katathani Phuket Beach Resort recalls a tropical dream. Warm sands, the soft rhythm of lapping waves, and gently swaying coconut palms relax your senses—while our six swimming pools, six restaurants, and full-service spa delight them. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Katathani Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Katathani Phuket Beach Hotel Kata Beach
- Katathani Phuket Beach Kata
- Katathani Beach Resort
- Katathani Phuket Beach Resort Kata Beach