We couldn't have chosen a lovelier place for a Phuket holiday. With its glorious, shady, landscaped gardens, fountains, fish ponds, architecture and Thai carvings and sculptures, Sawasdee Village has a wonderful flavour of Thailand. When you walk in off the street you enter another world. Its a small, single storey resort with just a small number of guests. Rooms are smallish but more than adequate. Each room has its own ensuite and shady outside sitting area, a computer with internet connection also doubles as the TV set, and there is a well stocked bar fridge with beer at the same price as in the stores. Rooms are fitted out in natural timber with beautiful mosquito nets over the beds. Two rooms can be booked side by side with a single entry path for friends and/or family, and the sitting area is well screened by lush trees. The freefrom pool with shady trees and beautiful fountains is a delight, and cocktails at the swim up bar are reasonably priced. The included buffet breakfast is terrific.
There is a 6-7 minute walk to the beach, largely because of a huge ugly wall that Club Med has put up that blocks direct access, but the walk takes you past shops, stalls and restaurants so you can do your planning for later. The beach is perfect, with some nice surf.
My family consisted of my wife and myself, 15 year old daughter and 12 year old son. Everybody loved it. We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Art Resort in Phuket, Thailand… a Treasury of Exotic Thai Art & Culture… with the Senses of Peace and Healing. Art of Life… To fulfill the senses of living with 2 types of our accommodations; 40 Garden Deluxe rooms for easy and convenient lifestyle while The Baray Villa, the 1st Triple Pool Access Villa in Phuket, Thailand with all 14 Luxury Villas has the spacious space with luxurious design and the exclusive services of your personal assistant staff to customized all desires.We assured to heal your holidays in the peace of life with our Thai hospitality service. The awards from Tourism Authority of Thailand and TripAdvisor can guarantee your total experiences at our resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sawasdee Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sawasdee Village Hotel Kata Beach
- Sawasdee Village Kata
- Sawasdee Village Phuket/Kata Beach