This little hideaway is definitely worth a visit.
Imagine a side street , yet busy.....a few steps away from the street, you walk into a Thai Jungle and you are totally private and in an romantic atmosphere , that looks like a scene out of a Fantasy Movie.( yet you are in the middle of Kata Beach town).
There is plenty to see ...from the amazing garden and pool and surrounding landscaping, to the beautiful hotel rooms and the amazing restaurant.
The rooms are a bit on the small size, but you certainly overlook this tiny flaw , when you take in the Beauty and Serenity that surrounds it all.
The restaurant is outstanding .We like gourmet food and we are very critical when it comes to eating out , but I can only say, that we were very pleased with what we ate and we wish that more guests would use this good restaurant . Yes it is a bit more expensive then when you eat outside the Hotel, but do yourself a favor and have at least a couple of meals there . ( Breakfast is very good and plenty and the male supervisor is such a delight, it starts your day on the right foot)
My husband took a cooking class there ( with the same gentleman and we had such a great and fun experience ) . Try the Tom Yam Soup and the Mussaman Curry ... What a treat.
The service is excellent , the staff goes out of their way to please you... All you have to do is ask ! Also ....treat them just as nice as they treat you. (Which is not a given....I found that lots of people WANT everything, but do not want to give simple things like respect and curtesy in return)
The hotel has a shuttle service to the beach which runs every hour till 6p.m and is very convenient.The beaches are busy and to rent 2chairs and an umbrella is about $6.00 a day. ( The hotel supplies beach towels.)
All in all... We had a wonderful 10 days at Sawasdee Village and we will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Art Resort in Phuket, Thailand… a Treasury of Exotic Thai Art & Culture… with the Senses of Peace and Healing. Art of Life… To fulfill the senses of living with 2 types of our accommodations; 40 Garden Deluxe rooms for easy and convenient lifestyle while The Baray Villa, the 1st Triple Pool Access Villa in Phuket, Thailand with all 14 Luxury Villas has the spacious space with luxurious design and the exclusive services of your personal assistant staff to customized all desires.We assured to heal your holidays in the peace of life with our Thai hospitality service. The awards from Tourism Authority of Thailand and TripAdvisor can guarantee your total experiences at our resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Sawasdee Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sawasdee Village Hotel Kata Beach
- Sawasdee Village Kata
- Sawasdee Village Phuket/Kata Beach