We arrive after a short flight from Bangkok. ( female 24 and male 26)
Once greeted at reception who were very helpful as my suitcase had no arrived with me. It has been lost some where between Bangkok and Phuket!. Reception phoned the airport for me and found out it hadn't arrive on the plane so they arranged It to be sent on the next flight to Phuket then sent by taxi. I was over the moon as it arrived within the day!.
THE ROOM - we were lead to our room which was beautiful and so unique, the setting is amazing and atmosphere just so special. The room is turned down on a night by a member of staff that comes round and closes the netting around the bed and sprays the room to keep the bugs away.
POOL- was lovely and cold and we never found that it was over crowded, which makes it feel all that more exclusive.
MEALS- we had breakfast and evening meals here, Breakfast was great...the selection was huge, from continental right to a few of the traditional English selections we could not fault the food. Evening meals we chose from the menu were very different as we chose traditionally, but all tasted amazing.
SETTING - whilst eating your meals you either feel like you are in a beautiful temple or if you sit closer to the outside then you can sit near a small pool where they have carp fish swimming which were great to watch.
FREE BEACH BUS - they doo provide a bus which takes you to the beach once every hour and back every hour. As we found it was too far to walk to the beach, we did on 2 occasions but with the heat being so strong, it was just too far.
BEACH- The beach has clear blue sea, which is so clear you can see through. The beach was beautiful although quite busy. We visited a bar just off the beach were you could watch people surf and a flow rider machine which was great fun to eat while watching people try their luck and fall off.
CLOSE BY - we did take a walk out in the day time and found it was mainly massage parlours, right the way down the street from this hotel. with all the ladies just sat outside waiting for you to walk by. We did chose a parlour and have a foot massage 3 times in our 5 day stay as the prices are just so cheap.
NIGHT LIFE - of a night we mainly eat out and found only a short walk will find many bars and great places to eat. Also live music which we enjoyed.
OVER ALL - great hotel feels like luxury while you are here, very traditional and great service by the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Art Resort in Phuket, Thailand… a Treasury of Exotic Thai Art & Culture… with the Senses of Peace and Healing. Art of Life… To fulfill the senses of living with 2 types of our accommodations; 40 Garden Deluxe rooms for easy and convenient lifestyle while The Baray Villa, the 1st Triple Pool Access Villa in Phuket, Thailand with all 14 Luxury Villas has the spacious space with luxurious design and the exclusive services of your personal assistant staff to customized all desires.We assured to heal your holidays in the peace of life with our Thai hospitality service. The awards from Tourism Authority of Thailand and TripAdvisor can guarantee your total experiences at our resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sawasdee Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sawasdee Village Hotel Kata Beach
- Sawasdee Village Kata
- Sawasdee Village Phuket/Kata Beach