We been there on December 2013, and we were disappointed. For the money you pay, you expect more things as "4stars"..The rooms are very cramped, clean yes, but small..The shower looks cheap and small again..
The insects problem is a big one..The hotel is not in the tropical forest, as they describe it..it's in Kata, which is basically a sub area of Pukhet..We stayed in Indonesia, in Ubud, in 4stars, and those hotels are builded practically in the middle of the jungle, and they didn't have so many problems with the flying bugs..
The head receptionist (didn't remember her name), was the most sour women I ever encounter..We were more like a problem that needs solving, than guest in a place that pays over 150$ per nite..Sad..
The breakfast, was ok..though, not in the 5 stars range by far..
Sad, the place has so much potential, but is poorly managed..
They should concentrate on the bugs..it's possible, I know..other hotels can, why can't you..
Check on your front office staff..they are the face of your hotel..
Improve the rooms, it's not that difficult, for the money you charge..
Overall, I would say its, a 3 star hotel with the extras of a 4..
Would I come back?...No..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Art Resort in Phuket, Thailand… a Treasury of Exotic Thai Art & Culture… with the Senses of Peace and Healing. Art of Life… To fulfill the senses of living with 2 types of our accommodations; 40 Garden Deluxe rooms for easy and convenient lifestyle while The Baray Villa, the 1st Triple Pool Access Villa in Phuket, Thailand with all 14 Luxury Villas has the spacious space with luxurious design and the exclusive services of your personal assistant staff to customized all desires.We assured to heal your holidays in the peace of life with our Thai hospitality service. The awards from Tourism Authority of Thailand and TripAdvisor can guarantee your total experiences at our resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sawasdee Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sawasdee Village Hotel Kata Beach
- Sawasdee Village Kata
- Sawasdee Village Phuket/Kata Beach