“Welcome to paradise!”
Review of Sawasdee Village

Sawasdee Village
Ranked #11 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Just fantastic! We selected this hotel for its smaller size, convenient location and traditional Thai theme! It boasts a beautiful pool surrounded by a luscious tropical garden with numerous water features! The rooms are clean and nicely furnished! The staff is friendly and courteous! At least one dinner at the hotel restaurant is a must, they serve delicious meals! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is in search for a "slice of paradise" and we will definitively stay again on our next trip to Kata Beach!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank shmuel76
Orapin Weeracha... ., Manager at Sawasdee Village, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review on TripAdvisor. Regarding to your recent stay with us, that would be very nice to hear that you enjoy spending your time with us. We are looking forward to welcome you back for your next trip in Phuket.

Sawasdee Village & The Baray Villa Team.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a total of 3 nights in the garden deluxe room which was facing the pool. The resort itself was beautifully decorated, but rather intimate in size. In terms of the room, it was rather small with little mobility. The TV and wireless internet was great and service was fast. The bathroom was small in size and the shower had a wooden planked floor. The bathroom sink was a little high to bend over. The beds (two single) were surrounded by mosquito netting; however, our netting had a hole in it. Our window was facing the pool and we did not have one opportunity to open our blinds, due to the fact that sunbathers and swimmers were sitting just a few steps from our room. Privacy is definitely an issue if you are looking for that; especially if you book one of the pool access rooms.
Aside from the small room and tons and tons of mosquitoes all day and night, the resort was absolutely beautiful. The grounds are stunning with greens and golds and pinks. Flowers, statues and plenty of resting areas are provided. I must say my favorite place in the resort was the library. The library was decorated magically. It housed large swings cushioned to the max with large tastefully decorated and colorful cushions. It was definitely comfy and glamorous. In terms of the breakfast, I must say for a 4 star this is definitely better than some 5 star resorts I've stayed in. Breakfast included anything and everything you could think of. Items were changed on a daily basis so you never get bored. From smoked Makrel and Salmon to fresh pastries to exotic Thai cuisine, to homey favorites, breakfast was served up right and always with a professional smile.
There were a few things needing improvement I thought. On one occasion my friend with whom stayed with was sitting an enjoying the sun, and a few outsiders ventured into the resort and were walking around and asked my friend how it is. I think for safety issues, the resort should not allow non-guests to walk about unescorted. Moreover, the resort also lacks a full time driver on premises. We asked about two times on two separate occasions if they had a driver we could rent for a day. They said local taxi was available and they could call one for us. We hoped to have a familiar face on our day excursions due to safety reasons and having a trusty resort driver on hand could make an excellent addition to improving transportation options. The resort does provide a free shuttle to the nearest Kata beach, which is handy.
Overall, this resort provided us with excellent and efficient customer service which is always priority to guests. Little touches never went overlooked such as offering of a free framed keepsake photo, to personalized letter head, welcome greetings and fruit. I would definitely recommend this resort for those looking for an exotic Thai escape from the hustle and bustle of Phuket. Moreover, I would definitely come back; however, I would choose to book the Baray Villa within the Sawadee complex. It is much more spacious and glam. We had toured it on our final day and once we entered it we regreted not to have booked it instead. Baray Villa could definitely make you feel royal and away from it all. I'm sure it would be an unforgettable experience.

Room Tip: Don't book a room by the pool if you are seeking privacy. Mosquito warning!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank shate

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comment on TripAdvisor. We feel very thankful for your comments which are very valuable for us to improve our service. Regarding to the transfer service, we are terribly sorry that we are not able book for you for some moment due to high occupancy, then, it is always fully booked. In addition to these, we are very concerned of guests' safety issues, we ensure that we will improve this matter.

Thank you once again for choosing Sawasdee Village as your accommodation, and we are looking forward to welcome you back to The Baray Villa in the near future.

Sawasdee Village & The Baray Villa Team.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We have stayed at this amazing hotel a few times now and have now booked again. It is simply amazing.
When you step behind the walls you step into paradise, from the gardens, to the pool, the unique Thai room stylings to the lemongrass incense burned throughout the grounds- so relaxing.
Breakfast has a huge selection, bed is comfortable, room spacious and clean, unique bathroom with every essential needed. Pool is sensational. Great location away from the hustle and bustle, ample of eaterys in walking distance.
Each time we have stayed longer than 4 days and each time we have received a framed photo of the 2 of us at the hotel.
This resort is an experience not just a place to stay.

Room Tip: If you book early enough you can ask for a pool side room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kim K
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Words cannot convey how achingly beautiful this hotel truly is! I have honestly never seen anything like it. I would imagine this is what it's like to stay on the grounds of some royal palace in Thailand. The moment you cross the threshold the smell of lemongrass will intoxicate you, the welcome guava juice and iced towel upon arrival are the perfect touch. The pool is divine and the swim up bar will have you there all day :) Complimentary shuttle service to Kata beach and a vast delicious breakfast buffet are both excellent amenities. I frankly care nothing for Phuket, but I would visit Sawasdee Village as often as possible as long as I live.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank yummy_factor
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Amazing hotel away from the crazinessof phukett. The breakfast buffet every morning was great. The hotel is so beautiful with all your own lil cabins. The porch was great to have drinks at night or morning coffee. I highly recommend this hotel in phuket and the staff there. The pool was small but very beautiful!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank crystallee76
Reviewed September 19, 2013

It was our first virgin trip come birthday vacay in Phuket. Clean room, plenty of space, good location away from all the hussle, very good retreat! I would recommend this hotel to friends, family and will definitely go back! Thanks for the birthday cake guys!
You guys rocks!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Two years ago I found my favourite hotel, a true paradise on Earth. Last month I had the pleasure to revisit this wonderful hotel. I am pleased to say that Sawasdee Village has maintained their impeccable standards. When entering this resort, you feel like you're entering another world. One that has been designed for pure pleasure. The hotel is mostly open air, with exquisite details everywhere you look, from the king-sized bed swings filled with beautiful and comfortable pillows, to the streams all around you, filled with fish. The spa gorgeous and the treatments divine. I had to treat myself to two 90 minute massages and on this trip, I only stayed on night (in hindsight, I wish I had stayed longer). Truly a relaxing and refreshing experience. I can't wait to book my next trip there!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
#2 of 56 in Kata Beach
Kata Beach Resort and Spa
Kata Beach Resort and Spa
#27 of 56 in Kata Beach

Been to Sawasdee Village? Share your experiences!