“Outstainding In every way”
Review of Sawasdee Village

Sawasdee Village
Ranked #9 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I don't often return to a place or hotel this one will be an exception . Was gob smacked how stunningly beautiful this place is . Have not got a bad word about the place . From the staff the pool the room /food / spa . Would highly recommend this as a honeymoon resort .
If you have ever been to Jim thompsons house Bangkok just add a swimming pool great food and a spa

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Psm1963
barayvilla, Manager at Sawasdee Village, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Dear Value Guest,

Once again, Thank you very much for choosing us and we are looking forward for your next stay !

Sawasdee Village & The Baray Villa Team!!!

There are newer reviews for Sawasdee Village

Reviewed August 2, 2012

This is one of the most beautiful you will find in Phuket. Quiet, cozy and great service. Breakfast was excellent. The spa is amazing and the location is great if you want to stay away fron the craziness of Patong, within walking distance of restaurants, the beach (they also have a shuttle), and shops.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Value Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comment on TripAdvisor. Regarding to your recent stay with us, we are very much appreciated to hear that you enjoyed staying with us. Thank you very much for choosing us and we are looking forward for your next stay !

Sawasdee Village & The Baray Villa Team!!!

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Stayed here for three nights at the beginning of the month. The price I paid was too much compared to what you get. Breakfast was included daily in the rates and there was a wide selection of food so I can't complain about that.

The room was well equipped but incredibly small. The balcony porch area was cute but not really somewhere you can relax with privacy. If you want privacy, this ain't the resort to stay at. The beds were comfortable. The shower took ages for hot water to come along. Rooms were clean but need some serious maintenance to make it a better stay considering what you pay for.

The pool was a good size and service at the pool bar was fine as well. I would feel sorry for those staying in the pool view rooms as their porch balcony is part of the pool area for all guests to use. As mentioned earlier, there's a serious lack of privacy in this resort.

Throughout my entire stay I have to say the best part was the customer service I received from housekeeping. Service at the front desk and restaurant was disappointing. Housekeeping on the other hand went beyond my expectations each time they serviced my room in the arvo as well as in the evening.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 29, 2012

OMG I love Sawadee Village. The gardens and pathways are amazing, the staff so helpful and friendly, the Baray spa pure bliss! the breakfast fabulous, the pool gorgeous! the beautiful swing wooden chairs are awesome to read a book or just relax. I loved my stay here and didnt want to leave! Great location and I ate most nights at the restaurant as I was out most of day enjoying the area. I was a solo traveller and I felt so safe and happy at Sawasdee and Kata and bascially Phuket itself. Im coming back and I cant wait! Thank you soooooo much x ps The mosquitos didnt bite or annoy me but they dont annoy me in NZ either..oh and btw the gardens and pathways at night ...stunning!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank summer888053
barayvilla, Manager at Sawasdee Village, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear Value Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review on TripAdvisor. We are very much appreciated to hear that you had a pleasant staying here and we hope to see you and can't wait to welcome you back !

Reviewed July 26, 2012

very good hotel for affordable price made our honeymoon... its like the pictures and more never wanted to leave.... thanks.................................................................................

Room Tip: only the baray villa
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank meepmeep7
barayvilla, Manager at Sawasdee Village, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Dear Value Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comment us on TripAdvisor. Regarding to your recent stay with us, that would be nice to hear that your have a great time and honeymoon trip here with us. We are looking forward to welcome you back soon !

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Staying for 3 nights at Sawasdee Village Resort. Like other contributors I am impressed by the service standard of staff and attention to detail in day to day running of hotel by management. Excellent breakfasts with flexible hours, free wi-fi, spacious tree filled grounds that are a world away from the hustle and bustle of nearby street. Rooms are small and beds way too large - I'm 188cm and my wife and I need to text to find each other so not a criticism. One criticism: welcoming drink was a glass of warm, sugary cordial. I like my travelling companions declined it. A beer or cocktail would have been far more cordial.

The hotel fails my 5 star test due to public and private rooms being tired. Perhaps dated may be better description. Peeling paint, scuffed floors, broken light fittings, tell the age of the hotel. I guessed 15 years but duty manager told me 13 so I'm close. It is time for major refurbishment if the hotel wants to remain competitive with many newer and similarly price establishments in Kata Beach.

Duty manager kindly showed me a 5yo Bayar Spa Villa also part of the resort. At 104sq m these are true apartments. Separate lounge room, mega bedroom with domed ceiling, stand alone bath, foot bath that pulls out from bed, private jacuzzi, private gated pool that opens to main pool fronting all villas. These are true 5 star and priced accordingly.

As the saying goes - you get what you pay for. I would recommend this resort if the tariff you are paying feels right.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank robmacca
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Over four years of traveling, I have never written a review - however, I read them a LOT and this hotel was so great I signed up for a tripadvisor account! We had a absolutely lovely time here - the place is beautiful, the people are beyond friendly and also got a great deal! The spa is also amazing and the food (breakfast included) was awesome! I will say the rooms are a bit small if you aren't getting the highest-end room. Yes, there are a few mosquitoes but you are in the tropics!! If you really want them to get rid of any bug, you're going to be inhaling some serious chemicals so lets just deal with them :) Stay here. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank cpritt
barayvilla, Manager at Sawasdee Village, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

Dear Value Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review on TripAdvisor - that would be very nice to hear you do this review special for us and you enjoyed spending your time with us in Sawasdee Village. We do hope to have a chance to welcome you back soon !

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kata Beach
Mom Tri's Villa Royale
Mom Tri's Villa Royale
#2 of 56 in Kata Beach
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa

Been to Sawasdee Village? Share your experiences!