“Is perfection possible? yes”

Mom Tri's Villa Royale
Ranked #3 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
Melbourne, Australia
“Is perfection possible? yes”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Just perfect, our room was perfect luxury from our huge bed to the amazing bathroom, the bath robes the amazing bath, the little treats and newspapers left in your room each day, the view to the beach ,the pool right outside our door. The staff were amazing nothing was to much trouble for them and the view while you were having that incredible breakfast and the amazing coffee, what a way to start your day and having a daybed reserved for you on that beautiful beach...perfection I think so

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank deerekspage

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Korean first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a holiday here, rooms amazing! Huge balcony with amazing beach/sea views! Loved waking up looking at that everyday! Biggest bed I've ever seen and a huge bath too! Four free bottles of drinking water in the room everyday too! Loved the little touches of afternoon treats! Beach location lovely! Staff very helpful and friendly. Breakfast views amazing, staff so helpful and friendly and food tasty. Only negatives are Building work is going on at the main pool at the moment and the seawater pool wasn't clean enough to swim in which was quite disappointing! Due to the proximity of the beach this didn't cause us a problem but we weren't warned before arrival! Only other thing is there is only the posh mom tris for food at the moment - which has no simpler food ie no sandwichs, pizzas or snacks all super posh food! Would have been nice to have the option to eat lunch in the hotel rather than facing the hilly walk into town and back!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
england
Reviewed May 27, 2014

A beautiful hotel with service to match. Food some of the best I have ever had in Thailand. Room fantastic with great views out to sea from the balcony. The breakfast was exceptional with just about everything you could wish for.

Room Tip: We had room 24 great unobstructed views
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Staffordshire
Reviewed May 25, 2014

This hotel is located a little way uphill out of the main main town of Kata, however that's the appeal as it meant it was peaceful. The hotel rooms are large and of traditional Thai appearance having a great view of the sea albeit a little obstructed by the trees. The swimming pools were not large but of adequate size for a quick dip. The hotel has a number of restaurants, I would recommend all if them as they were all of very good standard.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KPDStaffs01
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed May 21, 2014

You love nature, peace and quiet like we do ? Boy then look no further. We asked our travel agent ( the guys at andaman adventures ) to find us a place in Phuket where we wouldn’t feel like we were in the Phuket everyone knows ( you know : busy, crowded, noisy, exhaust fumes everywhere ). I thought we had just asked the impossible but they came up with this hidden marvel ! Just total luxury ! The staff was so nice to us, pretty unbelievable when you’re been living in New York, and the food was just too good. We only ate out 1 night, and it didn’t compare to the cuisine at Villa Royale. Our room was also over the top luxurious and stylish. Not sure if our travel agent got us a special room or if they're all like this - impressive! We’re sure to choose this resort when we visit the Phuket region again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Luxury suites, excellent restaurants, superb wine cellar, friendly family-like staff, gorgeous views. Situated on the cliff between Kata Noi and Kata Yai beaches, it is easily accessible to both. The owner is a most gracious host. There is no place comparable on all of Phuket.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank thomhuebner
Perth, Australia
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Just returned from a 10 day holiday and stayed in Karon just down the beach from this place which is situated on the cliff overlooking Kata beach. I had initially wanted to book Ratri Italian Restaurant for our 15th wedding anniversay but when we arrived in Phuket we found that had closed. The receptionist at our hotel had recommended this place upon my frantic request to find a special surprise for my wife. I am glad she did as this palce was fantastic even if a little pricey (for Phuket standards).

I wanted a sunset rest and we were not disappointed at all, even though I must say we could not actually see the sun set into the ocean which was a little disappointing but did not detract from the overall experience.

We booked a table for 6 which included myself and my wife two children and nan and grandad. I had sepcifically asked for a special table.

When we arrived we were greeted by the owner I think, who asked us if we would like a drink at the bar, I already knew they had happy hour cocktails from 5-7pm so we agreed. It was fairly busy, not overcrowded as its only a small bar, but when the barman offered us a table inside I asked if he could squeeze us in outside, after all we came for the view and I desperatley needed to impress the family. In true Thailand style the barman frantically made a space for us and rustled up some chairs and a small table no problem.

He returned promptly with a drinks menu, and impressively took our order without even writing it down (I loved that). We ordered a range of drinks from Vodka martini's, pineapple something and my wife tells me the Phuket Kiss was devine.

After an hour of admiring the view the owner returned to offer our table.

Our table was fantastic, basically in an area on our own really, it was a larger table for 6 obviously but it was right on the corner with an excellent view of the Kata beach bay area. Again a little disappointing that we couldnt actually see the sun set into the ocea, maybe its the time of the yr I dont know. But none the less it was a fantastic setting and view.

We basically had our own waiters, 2 of them who were extremely polite and attentive.

The wine list came and to be honest I have never seen a wine list as big as this, it had hundreds of bottles of wine from all over the world. I chose and Italian Pinot Grigio which was if a little exp at nearly 2k baht but one of the cheaper bottles to be honest. Delicious all the same and it complimented our choice of Kata Noi crab cakes beautifully for starters.

The crab cakes were light and cripsy and served with a small salad. These were served with home made bread sticks (kids loved them) and a basket of bread which accompanied the cold gaspacio tomato soup served prior which was a nice touch that we didnt order but came anyway, no one complained.

Mains consisted of a choice of either Thai menu or Mediterranean so it was nice to have a choice, it wasnt a massive selection but certainly enough to get excitied about. Disappointing not to have my fav Pasta ala Vongole but I soon got over that when I found the crispy batter Snapper which came with a salad, a beautiful mushy peas and some vegetables. The fish was delightful and the risotto the wife ordered also nice but very filling. Kids menu was normal however my son who is a fussy meat lover ordered the Aus lamb chops which he tells me were the best he'd had if a little pricey at $45 for 3, but again not over the top.

We finished of with some ice cream from memory, mainly because we could not indulge in anything more. A very nice touch from the owner to provide a rose to the ladies at the table including 6yo daughter.

All in all this was a fantastic experience, a great place for a special occassion dinner and one that we will never forget. Yes its more expensive than other rest in the area but you get what you pay for and if you compare to prices in Australia then it was not that expensive at all and I would go back to Mom Tri Kicthen in a heartbeat.

Thanks you to the staff and owner for making our anniversary dinner one we will never forget.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
#2 of 8 in Karon Beach
The Shore at Katathani
The Shore at Katathani
#1 of 56 in Kata Beach

Been to Mom Tri's Villa Royale? Share your experiences!