“Phuket perfection??”

Mom Tri's Villa Royale
Ranked #3 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I there something like perfection???
Mom tri is getting close... Location on quiet Kata beach, right above the sea.. Breathtaking views of the green blue sea.
Amazing rooms, service quick and always with a smile, orchids and flowers in the room each day.. A little afternoon surprise snack..
Breakfast is good with a decent selection and fresh top quality espresso...
Three smallish pools, never busy, peacefull bliss.
The restaurant I have reviewed separately . It is top notch!!
Very fast free, all over wifi!! Compliments!

Only negatives: a lot of steps ( to work those calories off.), no private beach (public beach is about 50 steps down...). Airco could have been a bit colder...

We will certainly return...

Room Tip: We were in site 17 which is pretty but also high up..

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed at The Governors House hotel for 4 glorious days, returning home last weekend. I should start by saying that I’m a long time Trip Advisor reader, and rarely post. It’s time for me to start contributing more, and this is just the property to get me off the fence. The entire experience at this property is so sublime and relaxing it’s difficult to convey with mere words. From the punctual and professional pick up at the airport to the moment you check out, one feels welcomed by all. We planned to go back early next year.

Room Tip: I had an elegant room on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Even though I have yet to stay in Mom Tri's Villa Royale, I felt compelled to write this review to give them a 5 star rating based on the email exchange and service I have experienced with them.
Email response was very prompt, never more than 24hours and sometimes even within minutes.
Even when I discovered a groupon offer on their hotel, Patcharee from Villa Royale was kind enough to allow me to purchase the groupon and apply it to my booking albeit after purchase of the groupon rather than a direct discount.
However still this is unbelievable service as some hotels would have dragged their response till the offer is over.
I am so looking forward to this trip and will write a follow up review on the hotel and their service while I am there. I am sure it will be a 5 star service as well.
Patcharee, well done and keep up the good work. Your service is commendable and incredible.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank iceage87
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Our third time at the beautiful Mom Tri's Villa Royale and it just gets better and better. This time we stayed in Suite 4 - absolutely breathtaking. Spotlessly clean, beautiful flowers and other delightful touches. The waves crashing below us and stunning views over the Andaman Sea and beach. As always, it was the truly remarkable staff that made our 15 days so very special, each and every one is a delight. Ms Patcahree, as as always made everything so easy with regards to our reservation and it just got better. The restaurant is a delight under the careful smiling presence of Mang and all his fabulous staff. Aon in the Seashell Bar with his enormous smiles and lovely welcome on our first night after a long day travelling immediately had us relaxed. Suffice to say, we absolutely LOVE it and counting down the days until next July when we will return. An enormous thanks to everyone at Mom Tri's for a fabulous time - you are all so very special and yes, there were tears when we left - of course !!

Room Tip: All the rooms are stunning, room 4 is enormous and as we were travelling with our 13 year old daught...
1  Thank Lesley G
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This hotel is a gem in Phuket, a place where one can find a lot of very good hotels. What make Villa Royale special is that is is very private, the setting is lovely on a small peninsula overlooking the sea and Kata Noi beach, the 'normal'' suites are enormous and beautiful, all set in a beautiful landscaped tropical garden. I have stayed at some Amans before and think Villa Royale is a little Aman in that the rooms are really nice, quality of service is next to none, attention to details is excellent, the staff is very professional, and one feel as staying somewhere special and exclusive. It does not, though, have that 'sterile' feeling of some Amans, which is good. Staff is very friendly but not intrusive. A bonus is that Villa Royale is home to Mon Tri's kitchen, one of the best restaurants in Phuket and the whole of Thailand.

Room Tip: All rooms have good views. I like room 8 because it is closer to Kata Noi beach.
1  Thank Harold B
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My husband, two year old daughter and I just returned from our week long stay at Mom Tri's Villa Royale. Over the past few years we've been making our way through various countries beach resorts and have stayed in some wonderful locations. This resort beat them all. The customer service was amazing. Any need we had, any issue we needed addressed was dealt with immediately and to our satisfaction. I tried to come up with criticisms because this review just seems too good to be true, but I really don't have any.

I'll admit, when we first arrived we were very concerned about the amount of steps everywhere and the fact that not all of the stairs contained railings or even walls to prevent a two year old from falling off. Other's had written reviews addressing the stairs and I saw them when I booked but I did not truly understand until we arrived. You cannot walk anywhere without going on stairs. My husband and I are both fairly in shape and it was a lot of stairs. Another thing is, this is a very quiet resort. Perfect for honeymooners or couples vacations, even family gatherings where the focus is on the group you are traveling with. It's not a party place. The town of Kata, which you can quickly walk to though, again, it's a hike up the hill to get back to the resort, has plenty of bars, restaurants, shops, etc for entertainment.

However, the beauty of the resort is that it is on the side of a cliff and the architecture and terraces and various levels of the resort make it so that no matter where you are, you have a view of the sea. I cannot get over how beautiful it was. The grounds are a lush tropical paradise. Our daughter observed frogs in the lily pond, fed the fish in the fish pond, admired birds, lizards and crabs. The resort has direct access to Kata Noi beach (via a long uneven pathway that, yes, has stairs and an amazing view) which is much less crowded then Kata beach. They have chairs for you to use without cost and someone cleans the beach after the tide goes out. The view of sunset from Kata Noi is absolutely incredible.

As for traveling with a young child, our daughter was entertained several times a day in the main pool. Half of it was at a depth that she could walk around and play in. We spent time on the beach, playing in the sand, walking in the tidal pools during low tide and just spending time with each other. Our room was perfect for putting her down at night, then ordering room service for us to eat on the patio that, of course, overlooked the sea. There is no kids club, and Mom Tri's Kitchen and room service do not have a children's menu, but the resort will provide a staff member for babysitting at a reasonable fee and also accommodates children at meals. The staff absolutely adore children. They were so kind and helpful and always doted over her whether at meals or on our way out to go to town.

The bar tender by the pool always brought over water for us without our asking. We had plenty of bottled water in the amazingly decorated and well kept rooms. When we had to check out late, the resort accommodated our late flight by providing a second room for our daughter to nap in and for us to freshen up in before our travel home. The resort staff all knew who we were. When I went to get one last massage in the spa before checkout both my masseuse and the attendent at the desk knew it was my last day and wished me safe travels. At breakfast every morning, we had the same two waiters, one who brought my daughter roses each day. They knew what we drank and sat us in the same seat overlooking the sea. (literally, every location has a view).

Lastly, Mom Tri's Kitchen and their spa were both exceptional. I just thought of one criticism, there was construction outside the spa so when getting my massages I noticed the noise at first. However, my masseuse was so good that all three times I was so relaxed I nearly fell asleep, so obviously it didn't interrupt my overall experience. My massages were amazing and everything we had at Mom Tri's Kitchen was delicious. Nothing was disappointing or unsatisfying. I cannot say enough about this place. if you are looking for a nice relaxing, quiet place to recharge, this is the place to go.

2  Thank HLA2011
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed at the Mom Tri about two years prior and it was a great stay then but this trip was even better. Frankly I was looking for a place to stay that was less expensive and closer to the central area but after looking at Trip Advisor and studying lots of reviews, I was afraid to take a chance because the reviews were varied. There were very good ones but then when you read the high ratings with the lower ratings and then read between the lines, you could see it was a hit and miss especially when you had Managment defend their properties with excuses for lower ratings and poor service and in some case blaming the customer instead of apologizing and correcting it.

Let me tell you about Mom Tri, I booked it again and it was a little more than most in price but when I reminded them that I had stayed there before, they gave me a discount after verifying that i had stayed before and after figuring out all the amenities they would provide, it was a great deal compared to the others. Once I arrived they treated me with their traditional smile, warmth, cold hand towel, cold refreshing drink, hand flowers, efficient check-in (not at some registration desk), but in a living room atmosphere and gave me a spectacular room. When I wanted a room with a tub so I could wash my scuba equipment more easily than a shower, I could have been easily told sorry, no more rooms, but no, the person who helped me (his name is "Net"), showed me more than five rooms, one by one, all across the various sections of the hotel without a complaint. After seeing all the options, clearly he had given me the best room for the best price so I stuck with the original room. Very large, great bed that was like a king and a half in size, and bright airy room with a private deck facing the ocean. Everyday they provided a newspaper and a nice snack (different cake or cookie) for free. I could not wait for what new treat would await me. Each one freshly made by the baker. BTW, first day a big basket of fruit and large bottle of wine awaited.

The cleaning staff, wait staff, everyone were great. They helped me every chance they could and I appreciated every minute since I got sick a couple of days which I don't think they knew. Here is the best part of the review for me, I travel the world on business and stay at cheapest as well as some finest places, in this case I was on vacation/business but these guys made me feel like I owned the place which I appreciated; but I had a late night flight like at 11:45pm flight. Check out is normally at 11am or 12pm. When I told them I had a late night flight, they did not question me they said they would arrange for my airport car (part of the package) to take me at the airport at 9pm and I thought they would tell me that I would have to pay for a full or at least a half day rate like everyone else tries to do, not Mom Tri on this particular day. They never charged me or asked me to pay; they said it was not a problem, "sir". I was astounded and to me that was service. Most places would say, "Oh we are booked so we have to charge you half day rate", even when they are not full. These people are the best and now they have a loyal fan and customer. Whenever I am in Phuket or my friends are, I will call or email Net and book my room with Mom Tri, that is how happy I was with them! Thanks guys for the wonderful experience even though I fell sick for a couple days. This was a trip where it was still okay to be sick because of the great care and service you provided.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are newly remodeled
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
#2 of 11 in Karon Beach
COMO Point Yamu
COMO Point Yamu
#1 of 2 in Pa Khlok

Been to Mom Tri's Villa Royale? Share your experiences!