We spent our Honeymoon here (booked through Kuoni) from 19th - 26th April 2013.
We were lucky enough to have been upgraded from our original Royale Wing room to the stunning "Pool Suite" (no.12). A breathtaking room, secluded at the far "beach" end of the property with own pool and directly overlooking Kata Noi beach below.
Little Honeymoon "extras" like beautiful floral displays were laid on for us in the room. I imagine this is common practice by the hotel for honeymoon couples but it still helps provide a very special feeling to what is after all a very special holiday. As others have mentioned the hotel also provides daily dessert/cake treats to the rooms - and the all-important chocolates on the pillow in the evenings!
Overall the hotel is a lovely property in an excellent location. (The short walk down the hill to Kata and back up at night didn't bother us in the slightest.)
Staff were unfailingly friendly and efficient.
We ate both a dinner and a lunch at the Mom Tri's Kitchen restaurant which were complimentary as part of our stay. Food for both meals was high quality including some authentically fiery Thai dishes. If not part of your "package" eating at the restaurant will be a little expensive but we would recommend it if you want to treat yourself during your holiday, even if you are staying at a different property. Eating, or even just enjoying drinks, at the tables looking out over the bay is a memorable experience.
A word about the weather for those considering travelling in April. We were worried that by going after the main part of the season we risked a lot of cloud and thunderstorms. In fact the weather during our week was perfect - though it seems we were somewhat lucky in this as there had been a few rainy/stormy days before we arrived. There was one huge thunderstorm during our stay but as it was overnight we had the pleasure of watching the "show" out in the bay from the safety of our room. By breakfast time the rain had stopped and the sun was out again. Our experience was that April is a great time to go - weather still good, and resorts a little quieter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mom Tri’s Villa Royale is a boutique hotel in Phuket situated on a headland overlooking the Andaman Sea and the white sand beach of Kata Noi.Villa Royale is a personal creation of renowned artist and architect Mom Luang Tridhosyuth Devakul, better known simply as Mom Tri, who is a descendant of the King Mongkut Rama IV. Mom Tri opened his private summer home eight years ago to provide guests with a truly royal experience.Thirty-nine suites offer the highest standard of privacy and comfort in Phuket’s last hideaway. Alluring glimpses of its distinctive Thai-style buildings, authentic Thai antiques and art,luxurious modern comforts, panoramic sea views and lush tropical gardens create an atmosphere of calm and tranquillity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mom Tri's Villa Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mom Tri`s Villa Royale Hotel Kata Beach
- Mom Tris Hotel Royale
- Mom Tris Kata
- Mom Tri's Villa Royale Phuket/Kata Beach