“Great diving experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great diving experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

After doing my Open Water Padi on Ko Phi Phi I was eager to go diving, but still feeling a bit insecure. I came to the shop on Friday asking for dive trips the next day. Bank told me all the possibilities I had and after I finally decided on one trip. I mentioned that I'm still missing some confidence and he gave me a dive master just for me to make me feel more secure than I would have in a group dive.
The equipment was in good condition and I got a diving computer without asking for it. Ging, the dive master, took pictures during the dive, which I received later. Everybody was really nice and the dive sites were beautiful.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Anneke Z

London
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Knowledgeable, caring, and professional team”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

My friend and I turned up at Kata Scuba's dive shop in Kata beach area on the Saturday, looking to do a liveaboard for 4 days the following monday. The team were very professional, and described the options available to us. Given that neither of us have dived for several years they offered us a free review session on the Sunday afternoon in the pool (weather wasn't great so shallow water around the beach would have had poor vis) - this lasted about 3 hours, with two instructors, and we went through everything until we were comfortable with all aspects.

All the diving equipment Kata Scuba provided us was very new and clean.

In our agreement with Kata Scuba, we were provided with a Divemaster for our whole trip. This improved our diving experience as it meant there were just two of us with our DM, instead of going with a group of four or five. Additionally, she took lots of photos of us, the fish and the life below the surface, which will be sent to us in due course.

They also provided us with a dive computer (we didn't ask for this so it was a nice extra).

When we arrived back they welcomed us with a beer and a whisky before taking us to our hotel and making sure everything was ok.

Genuine and nice team, hard-working and honest. I would recommend diving with them, and asking them for their advice as to where to go.

Visited November 2013