My family, myself, my husband and two teenage children, stayed at Kata Palm Resort in two Pool Access Rooms for 4 nights in July 2010. We booked a package including airport transfers, breakfast, a dinner which we didn’t use, and a one hour massage in the spa.
The hotel was brilliant value for money. We loved our Pool Access Rooms, it was so relaxing to be able to hop into the pool whenever we wanted, particularly for early morning swims. Unfortunately you weren’t allowed to swim past 7.00pm which was a shame, but it was still lovely to sit on the patio having a night cap with our feet in the pool. I am not sure if I would have enjoyed the hotel as much if we couldn’t get pool access, to me it was the highlight of the stay.
The rooms were large and clean, the beds were hard as all Thai beds are, but very comfortable. Internet was free and worked fairly well.
Breakfast was okay, there was an egg chef and each day different offerings such as pancakes, hashbrowns, etc. The choice of cereal and fruit was fairly limited but for the price we paid and for only four days it was fine. If you were there for a fortnight it might get a bit repetitive. We ate our lunch in the pool side restaurant most days. They had an array of Thai and western lunch style food, such as toasted sandwiches, burgers etc. The food was good and ridiculously cheap. My kids had room service one evening while my husband and I dined at the Boathouse , and they were very happy with their meals.
The free massage in the hotel spa was so good that we paid to have an extra one, obviously dearer that the local massage places outside, but still very reasonable. The hotel’s location is very good, only a few minutes walk into Kata Beach with a myriad of shops and restaurants, a five minute walk to the beach, and the hotel has a complimentary shuttle for this.
All up a very good stay and at a great price. I would certainly stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kata Palm Resort & Spa is your perfect choice of your great and memorable holiday - provides high quality rooms, facilities, services, great and easy access to the beach with a short walking distance – 5 minutes, or get free shuttle service to the beach where we provide free sunbed & umbrella, close to shopping center, restaurant and bars. Our resort features 184 guest rooms, 2 large free-form swimming pools with swim-up bars, 3 restaurants and facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kata Palm Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kata Palm Resort And Spa
- Kata Palm Hotel Kata Beach
- Kata Palm Resort & Spa Phuket/Kata Beach